Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Injury+suspension list and updates.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    How could you possibly omit Keita from an injury list?
    Zing!

It's a bit like with bringing a gift to a friend's House for example - you can guarantee at the start of getting ready that it's the one thing that I know I need to bring, thus taking it for granted, thus it being the one thing I forget to grab after wallet, keys and such.

Bit like a passport at the airport! Plus I think I still had him in my head as "just" having the cold and thus assuming he'd be back - an assumption one should never make with Naby really.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Its even more bizarre why we let Wijnaldum go. Not only was he better than Keita and Oxlade he never got injured and further more both players got paid way more than Gini.
    I know its been mentioned dozens of times. But you could tell the likes of Keita and Oxlade are injury prone.
    We didnt let him go he got offered £300k a week at PSG.

Same with Mane he decided he wanted to leave.

Had we kept them that would be two more 30+ players on the books meaning we'd be in trouble later on replacing them.

I agree Keita/Ox are done but you cant just shift players on good money see Chelsea with Barkley/Kepa...Arsenal with Ozil...Utd with Jones etc.

Anyone else think we seemed to play alot of pre season ? Pep likes to play less games and more on the training pitch. There could be something in it considering our Injuries and bloody awful form.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Anyone else think we seemed to play alot of pre season ? Pep likes to play less games and more on the training pitch. There could be something in it considering our Injuries and bloody awful form.
    See, I'm the opposite, I didnt think we played enough. Apart from the Charity Shield most of the first team squad played no more than a half in any of the games, some of them only playing 30mins. And we only played 4 games.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

The problem we had was we played right up to end of May in CL.

Then we had 3 internationals in June which Kelleher/Jota got injured in.

Pre season is cut shorter as season started earlier to fit in world cup.

I dont think it was easy this season what to do as it is not a normal season AGAIN.

I know we could do with signings blaba but just looking at it from this angle.

I just think we've got deep mental and physical fatigue from last year and in fact from the intensity of the last three years.
    Robbo and vanDijk both look mentally off to me. And Trent...FFS!

can make all the excuses it's a lack of investment since winning the league

plain and simple.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Jones, Matip and Ramsay are all training again according to LFC's official Twitter account.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Jones, Matip and Ramsay are all training again according to LFC's official Twitter account.
    Brilliant news ,especially with Everton at the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    We didnt let him go he got offered £300k a week at PSG.

Same with Mane he decided he wanted to leave.

Had we kept them that would be two more 30+ players on the books meaning we'd be in trouble later on replacing them.

I agree Keita/Ox are done but you cant just shift players on good money see Chelsea with Barkley/Kepa...Arsenal with Ozil...Utd with Jones etc.
    I love Mane and Gini. But yes they went but the club also didn't value them at a higher wage. In the case of Gini I accept but Sadio maybe not. But also think hisind was made he wanted a new challenge and I get the feeling he was as loved and appreciated here. Both of them actually. But yes they left we didn't let them go. It is business. And we did good business.