Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: Injury+suspension list and updates.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Sid - I'm in agreement with this. I think Jurgen and the team are trying to manage the players for injuries and for the disjointed season.

Klopp removed both full backs 2 games in a row. He has never done that no matter how poorly either have played.
    And we were always a team that ran and all of a sudden we are ranked 17th in the league for the amount of ground covered. We have fewer sprints. Im thinking this is a strategy. But as you say, pure speculation.
    So, we're going to win the league after all? Top manager, Jurgen Klopp... XXxX

We seem to be hitting a lot more long balls. Maybe trying to bypass the midfield?
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Trent doesn't seem to be allowed to get that far forward. so hes booting it anywhere he wants even 40 yards forward
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    So, we're going to win the league after all? Top manager, Jurgen Klopp... XXxX
    Not sure if that's a sarcastic comment at me personally or at the situation. But my own opinion is that we won't challenge this year. I though that before a ball was kicked and even more so now.

And yes, Jurgen klopp is a top manager. But he can still make mistakes like all top managers.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Not sure if that's a sarcastic comment at me personally or at the situation. But my own opinion is that we won't challenge this year. I though that before a ball was kicked and even more so now.

And yes, Jurgen klopp is a top manager. But he can still make mistakes like all top managers.
    A reply to the situation jr....

Klopp explained in the Napoli press-conference that Curtis Jones had been out due to a stress issue on a particular bone around the Tibia - had been back in training (we saw him on the bench against Everton) and has now ended up with a reoccurrence of the issue after a couple of training sessions, though "not as bad" which suggests he shouldn't be out for quite as many weeks, with any luck.

Carvalho didn't train due to the dead leg picked up against Everton. Klopp saying we will do what we can to have him available for the Wolves game, but that he "isn't 100% sure" - which hopefully means he won't miss 3-4 weeks or whatever.

Jones seems to be injury prone as well now
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Jones seems to be injury prone as well now
    Unfortunately, yes. Though given how far down the pecking order he is, I find it less of a problem than the likes of Keita, who really "should" be in or extremely close to the first XI - but has become anything but that.

Think next season the likes of Bajcetic or Morton will be eyeing up Jones' spot and thinking they can get there.

Is Artur named in the CL squad?
    Wouldn't mind seeing him. Steve Nicol thinks he is crap. Alisson thinks he is very good. Who do you believe?

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Is Artur named in the CL squad?
    Wouldn't mind seeing him. Steve Nicol thinks he is crap. Alisson thinks he is very good. Who do you believe?
    Steve Nicol thinks everyone is crap!

Arthur is in the squad for tonight but Klopp's comments suggest he won't play 90 minutes.