Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Bournemouth

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    In Klopps 433

Alisson
    Milner Gomez VVD Robbo
    Hendo Fab Carvalho
    Salah Firmino Diaz
    I'd actually go with your team but with Trent in for Milner, I think Trent was blamed harshly last night because every time they attacked him, he was outnumbered and Elliott was nowhere yet drew high praise from many for running around a lot looking neat and tidy having comprehensively failed to do the basics of defending and pressing and counter pressing. Trent should get a fair crack with the Mo, Hendo, Trent triangle back in operation in which he has usually been supported far better

I'd rather not have Fab at No6 as Hendo's comfortably our best No6, but he's also our best option for RCM

Need runs in behind and pressing and counter pressing and attempted balls over the top, the right to left one Hendo plays looking for Diaz, like to see those runs with Carvalho trying to connect them too, he's impressed me so far, far more than Elliott or Jones ever have already
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Shame we don't have many options I don't think Henderson should start.

Luckily we're only against a good championship side at best about his level these days.

I'd go more attacking in this put Carvalho in, and fabinho behind.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

…….…….Alisson…..
    Gomez….Phillips..Virgil… Robertson
    …Henderson…Fabinho…????
    ..…Salah…….Diaz…..Carvalho

I can’t bring myself to put Trent, Firmino or Milner back in after that shit show, or play Gomez at CB again.
    But I cannot for the life of me, think right now who to put in at LM. I did consider Carvalho but that would mean playing Bobby again

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    No you lot will do anything not to correctly apportion blame to Fab and blame anyone but Fab, even against Burnley or when he gave away a stupid albeit soft penalty against Sheff UTD trying to leave one on their lad, plenty here were trying to blame someone else

I won't solely blame any player if a position is recoverable, it was a terrible touch by Hendo, it was recoverable by Virgil and Gomez it was also offside, the one v Palace wasn't recoverable after Fab got needlessly done by Eze, plenty of time I will say a goal started from say Fab's error but was recoverable by other players, normally including Fab himself if that's the case

The role of our RCM, as I understand it, as it has been since the back end of the 18-19 season requires dropping in at times to support trent getting forward more, supporting Trent defensively, taking the wide LFWD role at time and always effective pressing and counter pressing - Maybe you all see it differently, but in my view of the role, can any person here honestly say that Elliott didn't comprehensively failed to do any of those things and was more the cause of them cutting through us at will on our right than Trent or any other player as such

Can any of you honestly say that had Hendo been playing RCM and failed so comprehensively in all the duties of that role over his entire time on the pitch and remained on the pitch, you wouldn't have had an awful low to say about it?

You can say you wouldn't be we all know that would be a lie, and you're again highlighting it by slating Hendo and milner when for not remotely fulfilling the duties of our RCM Elliott was the worse played on the pitch, but you make no mention of him, running around looking neat and tidy but not doing your job obviously does it for you Legs
    Sheff Utd/Burnley was ages ago I cant remember those games but they dont matter now they are gone.

Fab at Palace got done it happens and he was in the Palace half how is that not recoverable then ?

We are not playing well it is what it is as fans you have to take the rough with the smooth.

Its only a game at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I'd actually go with your team but with Trent in for Milner, I think Trent was blamed harshly last night because every time they attacked him, he was outnumbered and Elliott was nowhere yet drew high praise from many for running around a lot looking neat and tidy having comprehensively failed to do the basics of defending and pressing and counter pressing. Trent should get a fair crack with the Mo, Hendo, Trent triangle back in operation in which he has usually been supported far better

I'd rather not have Fab at No6 as Hendo's comfortably our best No6, but he's also our best option for RCM

Need runs in behind and pressing and counter pressing and attempted balls over the top, the right to left one Hendo plays looking for Diaz, like to see those runs with Carvalho trying to connect them too, he's impressed me so far, far more than Elliott or Jones ever have already
    The last time Trent got cut up badly at old Trafford I remember was a 2-1 defeat iirc.
    After this we balanced our right side better and Trent upped his game.
    My thesis posits a post gini era, where hendo has notions of being ZZ playing a more advanced role. Last night from 6 he showed again he's not ZZ with a poor effort from the edge of the box.
    Elliot exemplified this switch in shape by being our rcm. It's a massive issue defensively. Last night they clearly set up to play off our right side as its not balanced.

With trent whilst he's been struggling defensively, it's his overall attitude that stinks.
    On the 39th minute last night he had the ball at his feet and instead of driving hard into space, he slowed down and wasted the chance.
    In the last game, he would often take a touch and hit a pass, not a bad strategy if you have a good pass. But on numerous occasions he had space to drive into and casue chaos. But he just took a touch and let it go. Very easy to defend against when it's so predictable. Robbos outperformed him this calendar year by a mile imo.

Need to sort out our defense as we are conceding too many, and first in our last run of games in the PL.
    That starts with attitude and trents is shit right now. Bench is the best cure for that presently.

A 3 o'clock at home on a Saturday against Bournemouth . How hard could it be to get 3 points ?

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    A 3 o'clock at home on a Saturday against Bournemouth . How hard could it be to get 3 points ?
    wouldn't put anything past us at the moment

Solanke could terrify VVD.. at the moment it looks like I could.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Why anyone would chose Firmino is beyond me. Hes a forward that doesn't score goals and that seems perfectly acceptable by the the management.. Its not his job to score goals.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    …….…….Alisson…..
    Gomez….Phillips..Virgil… Robertson
    …Henderson…Fabinho…????
    ..…Salah…….Diaz…..Carvalho

I can’t bring myself to put Trent, Firmino or Milner back in after that shit show, or play Gomez at CB again.
    But I cannot for the life of me, think right now who to put in at LM. I did consider Carvalho but that would mean playing Bobby again
    Do a Benitez in the Champion's League versus....was it Lyon (?).....and stick a left-back in there for a giggle.

Go go gadget Tsimikas!

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Why anyone would chose Firmino is beyond me. Hes a forward that doesn't score goals and that seems perfectly acceptable by the the management.. Its not his job to score goals.
    I guess we have no other options but to play him.

He is 3rd choice now but Jota/Nunez not available.