Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Bournemouth

Vb949

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Sounds like a submarine
    Well, if we are sinking, we'll need a vessel that can see us through murky waters.

Sounds like a submarine
    VDB sounds like a std
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    whos VDB??
    Just to elaborate a bit, we bought him cheap a few years ago (£1.3m or something) and by all accounts he looked good on loan to Preston for 18 months or so. Really good injury record too.

Blackburn apparently had a loan deal all but agreed for him, but we have stalled a bit as Nat Phillips apparently isn't at full fitness and we want cover due to our injury situation.

His contract ends at the end of 23/24. Very much suspect we'll aim to renew it with a view to trying to develop him to be an eventual 4th-choice centre-back or to sell him when developed enough to command a reasonable fee - at age 20 he has a lot of time on his side.

I expect a big reaction from the team. There's a lot of egos that got major criticism for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    I expect a big reaction from the team. There's a lot of egos that got major criticism for the first time.
    A reaction would be great. I think we just need results for a bit. Good performances to match can come later.

Think our last League match before the World Cup is the 12th of November and we won't be back into League football then until Boxing Day, by which time our relevant international lads have hopefully played themselves into form while those who won't feature at the World Cup will be better prepped for the second half of the season.

That last match will be our 16th of the League campaign, so if we are mentally hitting the reset button a touch, Bournemouth is the first of 13 important League games. The target really had to be to win 8-10 of those by hook or by crook.

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post

We’ll be ok, might suffer a little longer but we will get back on the horse - we are missing quite a few right now.

We’ll be ok, might suffer a little longer but we will get back on the horse - we are missing quite a few right now.

Indeed.

Some patience required and there may be more clouds around the corner, but as some lads come back it will help in certain areas.

We have issues in both boxes and are decimated in the middle. That's obviously going to cause problems. If you're conceding more than normal whilst struggling to score, it's going to be tough.

Two more games without Núñez. By the time he gets back, Jota will likely be back in training. So things at the attacking end of the pitch are hopefully going to get better relatively soon.

September 6th or 7th we should have our first Champion's League group game and although we don't have many available players right now, that slight distraction may be a good chance for players and fans alike to somewhat refresh their heads too.

I genuinely don't expect much against Newcastle due to our current circumstances. Bournemouth is the one I'm really invested in. By the time Everton comes around we will hopefully have Núñez, Jota and Jones back, with one or two lads like Henderson or Fabinho or Trent looking better than what we have seen this far - which isn't meant as a dig.

I'd snatch your hand off for a 1-0 at the weekend, then see what we can conjure for Newcastle. Need the Anfield crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I

I genuinely don't expect much against Newcastle due to our current circumstances. Bournemouth is the one I'm really invested in. By the time Everton comes around we will hopefully have Núñez, Jota and Jones back, with one or two lads like Henderson or Fabinho or Trent looking better than what we have seen this far - which isn't meant as a dig.

I'd snatch your hand off for a 1-0 at the weekend, then see what we can conjure for Newcastle. Need the Anfield crowd.
    Newcastle looked amazing vs city and still couldn't hold on to the win. When I saw the first half and city unable to cope speeed power and pace i was shuddering at the thought of our midfield vs them. Guimaraes is quite the player.
    Turns out we coudnt even keep up with manutds midfield workrate and pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Just to elaborate a bit, we bought him cheap a few years ago (£1.3m or something) and by all accounts he looked good on loan to Preston for 18 months or so. Really good injury record too.

Blackburn apparently had a loan deal all but agreed for him, but we have stalled a bit as Nat Phillips apparently isn't at full fitness and we want cover due to our injury situation.

His contract ends at the end of 23/24. Very much suspect we'll aim to renew it with a view to trying to develop him to be an eventual 4th-choice centre-back or to sell him when developed enough to command a reasonable fee - at age 20 he has a lot of time on his side.
    Phillips shouldn't be blocking his progress now..

Phillips belongs in the championship
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.