Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Bournemouth

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    Newcastle looked amazing vs city and still couldn't hold on to the win. When I saw the first half and city unable to cope speeed power and pace i was shuddering at the thought of our midfield vs them. Guimaraes is quite the player.
    Turns out we coudnt even keep up with manutds midfield workrate and pace.
    Newcastle will be difficult. I don't expect a win. I am hoping to beat Bournemouth and Everton - not assuming we will win both by any means, but am hoping for it. Newcastle is a bonus game in my mind - if we get a result, that's obviously great.

As for Man United.....hard to say. We have seen Everton put in performances against us that are far above their average. I think Man United had their "Cup Final" on Monday and whilst I expect some improvement from them now going forward, I am not yet convinced that they will suddenly find consistency. Their fans got them them right up for it against a Liverpool side that was missing Konate, Thiago, Fabinho (for a large chunk) and Núñez - and they still had a slightly nervy finish against an extremely underwhelming Liverpool side when their crowd was at peak noise. They ain't all that.

Don't get me wrong, quality wise manutd still weren't great.

But we'll have tons of games vs low and mid table teams who will play high energy and power (more than utd) and hit us on the break.
    I really think we'll be found wanting with the midfield in many more games than last season.
    Sure with a full strength defence and attack we'll come through many, but even with thiago back we are lightweight.
    Henderson is not getting any younger and I don't think anyone else has the legs. This will put the defence under more stress.

I feel a little for TAA, maybe he's being asked to continue doing what he does, while the mf and defence who covered for him no longer cover as well.
    I think he needs to stay back more, esp once Nunez is back and play longer balls to him.
    Carvalho also deserves a start in the firminho position.

I feel a little for TAA.
    Trent's getting unfair stick in my view, since the back end of the 18-19 season the player in the RCM role has always covered Trent's forays forward, helped him our defensively and tried to work the combo with Mo and Trent work to the best of their ability

Elliott simply hasn't done that, he runs around like a headless chicken for me not doing that, should have had another loan last season to gain more experience

Also a lot of automation has gone, a feature of Trent's play was right to left switches to find Mane supported by Robbo or Robbo arriving in space and attempted long diagonal balls in behind for Mane, the positions they took on that side to enable that use of Trent's ability was facilitated by Gini expertly playing the LCM controller role - All that's gone, it used to be there every game like clockwork with numerous instances of it, precise, teams knew what was coming but couldn't defend it, or couldn't defend the attack from the new position after we won the second ball through being in great pressing and counter pressing positions

People need to give Trent a break and look at how the dynamics and automation of the team have altered quite drastically so the constants that were once there to make the very best use of Trent's phenomenal abilities are no longer there, because what we see now is what most people here kept whining for, to be more tappy crappy, to have midfield ball players with abilities that were actually alien to how the team functioned at its very best
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Don't get me wrong, quality wise manutd still weren't great.

But we'll have tons of games vs low and mid table teams who will play high energy and power (more than utd) and hit us on the break.
    I really think we'll be found wanting with the midfield in many more games than last season.
    Sure with a full strength defence and attack we'll come through many, but even with thiago back we are lightweight.
    Henderson is not getting any younger and I don't think anyone else has the legs. This will put the defence under more stress.

I feel a little for TAA, maybe he's being asked to continue doing what he does, while the mf and defence who covered for him no longer cover as well.
    I think he needs to stay back more, esp once Nunez is back and play longer balls to him.
    Carvalho also deserves a start in the firminho position.
    In my opinion there is an issue around the rcm role becoming the more attacking role.

But Trents individual game is worthy of a spot on the bench also.

Lads need a good result today. A win and ideally a clean sheet.

Scoring first would be a start.

if we can't beat bournemouth at home today, might aswell go into hibernation and I'll see ya all next season lols

In fact if we lose today- I won't post until christmas after today (I mean I have to have today to cry a bit and moan) actually make that if we don't win, one point is no good.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 27th August 2022 at 01:03 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Of course firmino fucking starts

lets hope it doesn't feel like 10v11 again.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Of course firmino fucking starts

lets hope it doesn't feel like 10v11 again.
    if he gets a tap in or 2 or a 6yd box header everyone will rave about his quality, he got a hat trick i believe against a CL or FA minnow a while ago and that deflected focus for a long time. Love the guy but he's done and has been for a while. whether its natural age burnout or JK geigenpress burnout im not sure.

Bit surprised Elliot starts again. Thought Carvalho would get the start today