Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread: This weekend's other games

Brendan Rodgers says he has not been backed enough in this transfer window by the Leicester ownership.

"With the greatest respect, we have not had the help in the transfer market that this team has needed," said Rodgers after the 1-0 defeat to Man Utd.

Can't see rodgers being there much longer at all now.. i'm sure the owners are pleased with that remark.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Brendan Rodgers says he has not been backed enough in this transfer window by the Leicester ownership.

"With the greatest respect, we have not had the help in the transfer market that this team has needed," said Rodgers after the 1-0 defeat to Man Utd.

Can't see rodgers being there much longer at all now.. i'm sure the owners are pleased with that remark.
    I don't blame him. Is it one or two players they've brought in?

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    But they are winning games by defending properly. Something we have completely forgotten how to do.
    True, but Leicester are at the foot of the table and the sample size is small.

Arsenal next for them, it will tell us a little more.

October definitely will - think they play Man City, Newcastle, Chelsea and Tottenham in the one month. If they come out of that with reasonable results then they may very well sneak a Champion's League spot, though I still predict 5th/6th for them, narrowly missing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    True, but Leicester are at the foot of the table and the sample size is small.

Arsenal next for them, it will tell us a little more.

October definitely will - think they play Man City, Newcastle, Chelsea and Tottenham in the one month. If they come out of that with reasonable results then they may very well sneak a Champion's League spot, though I still predict 5th/6th for them, narrowly missing out.
    Both Arsenal and United even Spurs as well have had relatively easy fixtures to kick start. Especially Arsenal. We will now see how far they have all actually progressed. If Arsenal win this weekend it is an absolutely brilliant start and they should actually be having loftier ambitions as their next 2 games are Everton home and Brentford away they could be on 24 pts after 8 unless they do a Arsenal of recent seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Both Arsenal and United even Spurs as well have had relatively easy fixtures to kick start. Especially Arsenal. We will now see how far they have all actually progressed. If Arsenal win this weekend it is an absolutely brilliant start and they should actually be having loftier ambitions as their next 2 games are Everton home and Brentford away they could be on 24 pts after 8 unless they do a Arsenal of recent seasons.
    Their self-belief will skyrocket if they win those games.

I certainly think they're looking in incredibly good shape for the Champion's League places. Arsenal lost their opening 3 games last season and won all 3 this time around.

So the question for me became "do I fancy this season's Arsenal to match last season's for those other 35 games?" and I absolutely do.

Come the end of the season I think it will be Mn City, Arsenal, us and Tottenham that get the Champion's League spots (no particular order) but with 33 remaining games it would be silly to call it.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Their self-belief will skyrocket if they win those games.

I certainly think they're looking in incredibly good shape for the Champion's League places. Arsenal lost their opening 3 games last season and won all 3 this time around.

So the question for me became "do I fancy this season's Arsenal to match last season's for those other 35 games?" and I absolutely do.

Come the end of the season I think it will be Mn City, Arsenal, us and Tottenham that get the Champion's League spots (no particular order) but with 33 remaining games it would be silly to call it.
    Think too early to write off Chelsea even United all things being equal. But Arsenal have done what should be done, they have beaten teams that are "weaker" than them. So fairplay. They look united and something good is brewing there. For me much more than at Spurs. Spurs have siege mentality coach who is us vs. the world, let us annoy everyone type. Jose Mourinho like but if results dont go their way it is the players fault. Arteta is a strict man but seems that the players like him, he might be fair and a good man manager. We will see if and when they have a sticky patch how they come through it.

I think City will piss the league with 100+ pts again. There is little ourselves or anyone else can do to stop it.

There will be an almightly scramble for European football this season.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I think City will piss the league with 100+ pts again. There is little ourselves or anyone else can do to stop it.

There will be an almightly scramble for European football this season.
    Yeah we won't be getting close, dropped enough pts already.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Yeah we won't be getting close, dropped enough pts already.
    See, this shouldn't be a slight on us. We could recover well and end up with 90+ points (again) and people will still moan because of the early dropped points.

The bar is at such a ridiculously high level that it has skewed people's perception of success (or lack of).

You need to be nearly perfect to win the league in this country at the moment. It's utter madness and absoluttely exhausting.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Yep, the only thing stopping City, will be City...