Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Deadline Day

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    - Brazilian international.
    - 26 years of age.
    - Portuguese-speaker so reduced settling-in troubles.
    - Should allow us to get Henderson or Thiago to play a few less matches at key moments, leaving them free for "big" clashes such as Man City and Champion's League knockout rounds if we get there.
    - Relatively risk-free if no obligation to buy, as being stuck with someone (if it didn't work out) could remove some of the budget in a later window.

Would a first-teamer coming in on a long contract be preferable? Undeniably.

Would getting a solid loan option with minimal downside be considerably better than bringing in nobody at all? Absolutely!

See what happens today. We need bodies. He is one.
    He’s shite mate. Another Thiago in terms of style and injuries but with nowhere near the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    He’s shite mate. Another Thiago in terms of style and injuries but with nowhere near the quality.
    of course he is otherwise why would juve let him go on loan ffs

normally it's a loan to buy at least if they're half decent and have issues at club

for fuck sakes, kabak of the midfield.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

I was ok with the move until I found out he is injury prone and this bit

During his time at Barcelona, however, he came under criticism from Luis Suárez and Ernesto Valverde, among others, for his positional play, and for his apparent reluctance to pass the ball in the direction that the offensive team was trying to move towards, namely the opposition's goal line.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Don't need him to be brilliant. Need someone to take a bit of pressure off during an injury crisis. If he eases the burden on Thiago and Henderson's legs for 7-10 matches and takes a bit of pressure off the young breakthroughs having to outperform our regulars to keep the points coming in, I'll take it.

It's deadline day. Any selling club with a midfielder that we want will be adding at least £20m to the fee.

Some of our fans will scream "do it anyway!" - and they'll be the very first to complain if our January or Summer budgets take a hit as a result.

Such a small club mentality Sid.... ffs
    #FSGOUT

meanwhile chelsea will be signing fucking everyone today
    #FSGOUT

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Such a small club mentality Sid.... ffs
    Who can we buy today then? Someone that can come in, improve the "first 11-16" drastically without blocking the routes of Carvalho and Elliott up their respective ladders? What will the approximate cost be?

If there is someone then I am on Board. I don't believe in saving purely for saving's sake, just as I don't believe in high possession percentages for the sake of a possession stat - it's more nuanced than that.

Who should we bring in, today?

Not everyone, we beat them in the “race” to sign Arthur sicknote Melo you kevative blabla ist

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Who can we buy today then? Someone that can come in, improve the "first 11-16" drastically without blocking the routes of Carvalho and Elliott up their respective ladders? What will the approximate cost be?

If there is someone then I am on Board. I don't believe in saving purely for saving's sake, just as I don't believe in high possession percentages for the sake of a possession stat - it's more nuanced than that.

Who should we bring in, today?
    Today? TODAY?

we've had all fucking summer, and last year to bring in a midfielder or 2

it's not a recent problem.

Carvalho /elliot are more attacking players IMO
    #FSGOUT

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Today? TODAY?

we've had all fucking summer, and last year to bring in a midfielder or 2

it's not a recent problem.

Carvalho /elliot are more attacking players IMO
    The Summer is gone through. That is past.

There is the present and the future. Complaining about what has gone before doesn't provide a solution, other than temporarily making us feel good that there is someone or something to blame and that we may get to say "see? I told you so!" which is a very short-lived dose of whatever it does for people.

Who should we sign today?