Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Deadline Day

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Who can we buy today then? Someone that can come in, improve the "first 11-16" drastically without blocking the routes of Carvalho and Elliott up their respective ladders? What will the approximate cost be?

If there is someone then I am on Board. I don't believe in saving purely for saving's sake, just as I don't believe in high possession percentages for the sake of a possession stat - it's more nuanced than that.

Who should we bring in, today?
    It’s not that you are wrong in the assessment of what we may be looking for from this piece of business imo. It’s that the club is wrong on how urgent serious midfield strengthening is needed. Our midfield needs a player or two like we needed vvd and Ali a few years ago imho. It’s frustrating to see it be either ignored or not agreed with I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yea but he’s English - so his rating on these here shores is about 500 billion times higher than it should be
    No way he should be our no1 target imo.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    No way he should be our no1 target imo.
    Agree. Theres a major potential for him to be a flop yet loads of us are pining for him, I was/am to be fair but I'm not sure if its because there doesn't seem to be anyone else and I want want a rival to get him. Those are the wrong reasons I know.
    Personally think we'd be better off going all out for Rice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yea but he’s English - so his rating on these here shores is about 500 billion times higher than it should be
    I agree Steveo.

He is good but im not sure he is worth the cost.

I mean unless he has a clause in his contract he is going to cost around £100m and at least £200-300k a week.

I mean if he has a good world cup with fees being how they are it could be £120-130m.

We could get two very good players for that £40-50m each.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I agree Steveo.

He is good but im not sure he is worth the cost.

I mean unless he has a clause in his contract he is going to cost around £100m and at least £200-300k a week.

I mean if he has a good world cup with fees being how they are it could be £120-130m.

We could get two very good players for that £40-50m each.
    If he stands out in the World Cup we can forget it, his price will be way out of what we would go to.
    If he has a poor or little impact world Cup his price drops and the doubts set in.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Yes it should. I am with you and Kev on this.

However, it wasn't - and we don't have time travel. There is little to be gained from "if it hadn't have been for....." - indeed, Northern Ireland politics can almost be summarised by that phrase and it's why progress has been incredibly slow.

Hence me being keen to see what solutions people had regarding today.
    Like I said bro....I do realise the situation.......and I don't expect things to change while this lot have Klopp....... We come here to rant and vent our feelings!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    at least we're getting someone in, i can't judge him before he kicked a ball

it might be juve's worst decision and are best...... who knows

strange how they can loan him out though, doesn't strike me with confidence we're better than Juve.
    saw one of the Italian ITK pundits say that the manager has said he absolutely will not be playing for /juventus this season.........

I said in another thread that if we did anything it would be a loan .....But I was expecting a loan for someone in the De Jong calibre....

There must be unhappy midfielders that fit the mould who their clubs would be willing to loan out???

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    saw one of the Italian ITK pundits say that the manager has said he absolutely will not be playing for /juventus this season.........

I said in another thread that if we did anything it would be a loan .....But I was expecting a loan for someone in the De Jong calibre....

There must be unhappy midfielders that fit the mould who their clubs would be willing to loan out???
    Like Arthur Melo...
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

For everyone freaking out, have any of you actually seen him play?

He's got a quality first touch and is good in tight spaces, can see a pass and is pretty mobile.

He's a bit lightweight and isn't the quickest. He wont score many goals.

I think he'll be a good addition.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Like Arthur Melo...
    Oh ok if he fits the mold then I defer to your superior insight...lol