Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Deadline Day

Youri Tielemans .to Newcastle ..on the SSN rumor mill

I don't understand why everyone is freakingout about us getting a loan signing in. We are in pole position to get bellingham at the end of the season, or even in january. he seems to want to come to us. Jurgen has identified him as the right player for us, he is young. Why would we then now go and spend 80 million on De Jong. A temporary loan deal seems logical. I don't know much about the player. he is technically good surely if he has been on the books of Barcelona and Juve.
    We've made three signings this summer. Nunes will be a goal scoring striker. Carvalho is already looking brilliant. Ramsey is gonna be great for us.. He will push Trent (maybe all the way into midfield). Klopp knows what he is doing and our signings and trophy cabinet in the last three or four years shows that.

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    Youri Tielemans .to Newcastle ..on the SSN rumor mill
    Newcastle worked their bollocks off last night. Tielemans won't be doing that. I hope they waste their money on him.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I agree Steveo.

He is good but im not sure he is worth the cost.

I mean unless he has a clause in his contract he is going to cost around £100m and at least £200-300k a week.

I mean if he has a good world cup with fees being how they are it could be £120-130m.

We could get two very good players for that £40-50m each.
    The following is conjecture and has ifs/buts/maybes. Still -

Bellingham is meant to be pretty sensible and his Dad is apparently incredibly keen to see him develop at an appropriate rate and not be a flash in the pan. I genuinely don't think his initial wages would be anywhere near the £250k-per-week or more sort of level if he comes to us.

He is still very young. I'd say it's much more likely that he ends up on £120k-£180k-per-week with an understanding that his wages will go up after a few years if he has earned it and that we will respect him leaving at the end of a 6-or-7-year contract should he fancy joining Real Madrid at the age of 27 or so just so he can look back and say he has "done it" in the Bundesliga, Premier League and La Liga.

My suspicion is we have already agreed a deal with Dortmund behind closed doors but with certain conditions. They're in the Champion's League. I imagine if they fail to get out of their group that we will get him in January for a particular pre-agreed fee, whereas if he has a good World Cup and/or they have Champion's League knockout footie they will command more money. That is just "guesstimation" on my part mind you and could be way off.

If he was on £120k-per-week for a 6-year deal and bought at £100m then he works out at something like a £135m investment in total. If however he came in for £120m on £240k-per-week for a 6-year-deal it's closer to £200m all-in.

That £65m disparity (all hypothetical I know) is massive when you look at the sort of business we have done with the likes of Elliott or Carvalho or Minamino etc.

Im not disagreeing with you Sid, but a £100m player will want big money.

Its football and being honest I dont trust 99.9% of people in the game, once money is flashed in your face people change.

Look at his ugly ex team mate last year with his "Slagging off of Qatar human rights t-shirt" remember who the thick f*cker signed for ???!!!

I can see that bloke at Chelsea dropping £120m and £200k a week easily but they might prefer Rice ?

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I don't understand why everyone is freakingout about us getting a loan signing in. We are in pole position to get bellingham at the end of the season, or even in january. he seems to want to come to us. Jurgen has identified him as the right player for us, he is young. Why would we then now go and spend 80 million on De Jong. A temporary loan deal seems logical. I don't know much about the player. he is technically good surely if he has been on the books of Barcelona and Juve.
    We've made three signings this summer. Nunes will be a goal scoring striker. Carvalho is already looking brilliant. Ramsey is gonna be great for us.. He will push Trent (maybe all the way into midfield). Klopp knows what he is doing and our signings and trophy cabinet in the last three or four years shows that.
    How are we in pole position for Bellingham? We were in pole position for Touchemani and look what happened. If BVB get a bid of 100m and we are there with 75m - guess what?

Ramsay will be great? I hope so, but he's very young and never played in the English league. He may need three seasons to settle.

As for Melo. He's an injury prone player, who seems to have gone off the boil at his current club, coming into a team that has a very intense style of play. It's a risk.

We fucked up with signings for midfield this window. Let's not try and paper over that. There were some great players available for reasonable fees that would have been more than a stop-gap. Our stock is high despite our slow start. We should have moved. The reasons as to why we didn't go beyond "Klopp has a plan."

His own press conferences have highlighted that.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

I saw Willian and trending on Twitter and got momentarily excited. Turns out, he's gone to Fulham. I think he would have made a pretty good "stop gap."
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I saw Willian and trending on Twitter and got momentarily excited. Turns out, he's gone to Fulham. I think he would have made a pretty good "stop gap."
    Not that I followed him at Corinthians (who the Hell would?) but I'm quietly confident that he is pretty "done" at this level.

We're actually not even all that awful for forward-thinking players despite the injury crisis. Salah, Firmino, Núñez, Diaz all fit and Jota should be back reasonably soon. Carvalho has scored twice in two sub appearances.

Midfield being reinforced is where the real magic would lie as a few of them are made of biscuits. I don't think we will have so many mids out SIMULTANEOUSLY for terribly long spells - we can cope with a few injuries, it's the over-lapping of them that is proving to be such a massive ball-ache right now.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    How are we in pole position for Bellingham? We were in pole position for Touchemani and look what happened. If BVB get a bid of 100m and we are there with 75m - guess what?

Ramsay will be great? I hope so, but he's very young and never played in the English league. He may need three seasons to settle.

As for Melo. He's an injury prone player, who seems to have gone off the boil at his current club, coming into a team that has a very intense style of play. It's a risk.

We fucked up with signings for midfield this window. Let's not try and paper over that. There were some great players available for reasonable fees that would have been more than a stop-gap. Our stock is high despite our slow start. We should have moved. The reasons as to why we didn't go beyond "Klopp has a plan."

His own press conferences have highlighted that.
    Heartily agree with all this.

I absolutely hate the fact that to fix our midfield problems with the current injury crisis we decide to go out and get a loan deal for a player who's a crock waiting to happen based on his fitness record.

And we all know how these loan deals tend to work out.

Anyone remember Kabak?

And I absolutely hate.......HATE.....this, method or routine of this club of identifying a player they like, and we apparently get good news that they want to come here, but rather than bring him in, we decide we'll wait until the next window to bring him in, like they're apparently doing with Bellingham,....which is just an invitation for another club like a Real or a PSG to swoop in in the window before that with more money than Dortmund can sneeze at, and to end up squeezing us out of what seemed like a locked on deal.
    Or the alternate route where they do buy the player and then loan him back to their club for a season (Origi, Keita),...leading to an unsettled season for the player in question and an even longer bedding in period when they do get here.

Why do we always try to do things the hardest and most convoluted ways possible?

We all know where the problem in this squad lies.

So fix it.

NOW!

Not 12 months from now or even 6 months when we're already out of the title race and are barely clinging onto a fight for 4th place.

It's no surprise that City and the Arse are at the top of the league given their transfer window activities - fixing the holes in their respective squads that needed fixing quick, like and getting the squads working together without delays.

Anyone in our transfer committee who didn't see that our midfield was a problem........at the end of LAST season....before we even got into the transfer window,......shouldn't be cashing a paycheck from this club.
    And if Tchouameni was really our top target only for us to get scooped by Real, and we just happened not to have a plan 'B' for not getting him.....then....again, the person for that fuck-up shouldn't be at their job.
    How do we know the same's not going to happen with their Bellingham pursuit?
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Right.

Up until a Real or a PSG step in to turn it into a bidding war that Dortmund will eagerly welcome, and then it won't be much of a "war" anymore at that point.

Even the rumours claiming that he really wants to come here are only as good until the player himself says so, and even then still not worth that much.

Dangle a Real paycheck in front of them and some Spanish beachfront property and see how quickly their "boyhood dream club" assessment changes.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!