Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Deadline Day

How are we in pole position to sign Bellingham, City will be sniffing around having already brought in 2 of his mates from Dortmund and anyone who thinks we're in any way assured of Champions League football next season based on how much we've slipped backwards while other sides around us have been spending to improve and having improved significantly in 2 or 3 cases is living on cloud cuckoo land, we're not fighting for the Premier League this season, we won't even be close, we're in one almighty scrap to finish in the top four this season, no doubt about it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Everton re-sign Idrissa Gueye from PSG, that's another side who now have a proper No6/DM while we're still pissing about with a converted RB there who's a destroyed at best and has yet to work out when he has to stay or go

Arthur Melo has tweeted

Grazie mille @juventusfc!

Done then

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Arthur Melo has tweeted

Grazie mille @juventusfc!

Done then
    Yay another injury prone midget who averages an assist every 18.5 games, so another Thiago, although I think Melo's record is actually better than Thiago's in a Liverpool shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Yay another injury prone midget who averages an assist every 18.5 games, so another Thiago, although I think Melo's record is actually better than Thiago's in a Liverpool shirt
    Sizeist...

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    There we go again... Sigh

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    There we go again... Sigh
    Yes, let's all be quiet and pretend signing him and letting Gini go hasn't had a devastating negative affect and depreciation on our automation and abilities in our play we were once the best in the world at

It terms of what suited our team, it was like signing Julian Dicks and letting Steve Staunton go

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Heartily agree with all this.

I absolutely hate the fact that to fix our midfield problems with the current injury crisis we decide to go out and get a loan deal for a player who's a crock waiting to happen based on his fitness record.

And we all know how these loan deals tend to work out.

Anyone remember Kabak?

And I absolutely hate.......HATE.....this, method or routine of this club of identifying a player they like, and we apparently get good news that they want to come here, but rather than bring him in, we decide we'll wait until the next window to bring him in, like they're apparently doing with Bellingham,....which is just an invitation for another club like a Real or a PSG to swoop in in the window before that with more money than Dortmund can sneeze at, and to end up squeezing us out of what seemed like a locked on deal.
    Or the alternate route where they do buy the player and then loan him back to their club for a season (Origi, Keita),...leading to an unsettled season for the player in question and an even longer bedding in period when they do get here.

Why do we always try to do things the hardest and most convoluted ways possible?

We all know where the problem in this squad lies.

So fix it.

NOW!

Not 12 months from now or even 6 months when we're already out of the title race and are barely clinging onto a fight for 4th place.

It's no surprise that City and the Arse are at the top of the league given their transfer window activities - fixing the holes in their respective squads that needed fixing quick, like and getting the squads working together without delays.

Anyone in our transfer committee who didn't see that our midfield was a problem........at the end of LAST season....before we even got into the transfer window,......shouldn't be cashing a paycheck from this club.
    And if Tchouameni was really our top target only for us to get scooped by Real, and we just happened not to have a plan 'B' for not getting him.....then....again, the person for that fuck-up shouldn't be at their job.
    How do we know the same's not going to happen with their Bellingham pursuit?
    I believe we were forced to get Diaz early because someone else was sniffing about???

Zakaria off to chelsea, they needed a new midfielder and they got one.....

Quite a few good midfielders.. have been signed by every other club apart from ours

"the right player" haha.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    I believe we were forced to get Diaz early because someone else was sniffing about???
    Tottenham, yes.

They had everything agreed and it's alleged that Diaz's agent contacted us and said "you want to match this?" and we did.

Rumour also that Levy felt we had acted in an ungentlemanly fashion regarding the transfer and that he tried to contact someone at our club multiple times and we merely let the phone ring.

Separating fact from fiction is tricky mind. But it's true that Diaz was "meant" to be a Summer signing to replace Mane, who told staff (think it was Klopp or Lijnders) that he wanted out a year prior to his departure.