Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: #fsgout

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    We get bought by a Gulf State/China/Abramovic etc - We essentially become everything we despise in City / Chelsea / PSG etc.
    To be fair, Abramovic was a football fan, and cared passionately about CFC. I personally would prefer him to Gulf State/China ownership.

Overall I’m content with FSG. As you say, it could be worse.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

we've been able to compete, and would win more if we had owners that would have spent a extra 50-60m on one fucking player every now and again not having to sell

it's not asking for Oil money.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Fair points...

Has to be said though "everything we despise' - is manly because they outspend us massively - we feel the same about United yet they do it differently..

Had this club been sold to Mansour instead of Hicks and Gillett I wonder how many in here would be screaming..
    I dont think there would be many to be fair. I suppose, it's where do you draw the line to be successful?

I would say United are in the same catagory as Hicks/Gillette just with more money / bigger debt.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    we've been able to compete, and would win more if we had owners that would have spent a extra 50-60m on one fucking player every now and again not having to sell

it's not asking for Oil money.
    I understand the fustration Kev but it's all about signing the right players. Would you be satiated if we had spent £60m on Duglas Luis? Or Tielemans?

We do compete, but we do it by being pretty shrewd in the market, not just shelling out on every player. We cant (and to be honest I wouldnt want us to) have £50m-£80m-£100m just padding out the squad. We've spent (and sold) very well over the 7 or 8 years.

And we compete not just with the players but with the rest of what we do as club. Manager, Analyitics, scouting, training. It's all important.

Steveo makes the point of it all unravelling once Klopp leaves. If we bring in the wrong manager afterwards then he's dead right and all the money in the world isn't going to solve that. But Klopp isn't the only good manager out there. Hopefully Klopp leaves the side in a better position than any of his predecessors since Kenny's 1st stint have.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Seriously you can't be advocating the ESL surely?. The ESL is the end. A closed shop US styled cash cow..The end of football as we know it. The sport for profits sake... Sadly It will 100% happen. Over 50% US ownership of the Premier means it is only a matter of time.

Isnt it the end for lots of clubs anyway ?

I am saying id like ESL style where we can make our own tv money off subs and fcuk FIFA/UEFA off I mean does footy need them ? NO.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I understand the fustration Kev but it's all about signing the right players. Would you be satiated if we had spent £60m on Duglas Luis? Or Tielemans?

We do compete, but we do it by being pretty shrewd in the market, not just shelling out on every player. We cant (and to be honest I wouldnt want us to) have £50m-£80m-£100m just padding out the squad. We've spent (and sold) very well over the 7 or 8 years.

And we compete not just with the players but with the rest of what we do as club. Manager, Analyitics, scouting, training. It's all important.

Steveo makes the point of it all unravelling once Klopp leaves. If we bring in the wrong manager afterwards then he's dead right and all the money in the world isn't going to solve that. But Klopp isn't the only good manager out there. Hopefully Klopp leaves the side in a better position than any of his predecessors since Kenny's 1st stint have.
    I have to agree with all of this. Personally, I wouldn't want to go back to the days of signing Downing, Dicks and Cole. Not forgetting Andy Carroll. Honestly, the amount of money we've wasted as the last 20 years is frightening.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Fair points...

Has to be said though "everything we despise' - is manly because they outspend us massively - we feel the same about United yet they do it differently..

Had this club been sold to Mansour instead of Hicks and Gillett I wonder how many in here would be screaming..
    Absolutely right.
    We're jealous because City pip us to the post and yes the oil money to stick it to them.
    My argument for - if had been us bought out by the sheiks is that we are spread established as one of the worlds biggest clubs whereas City,Chelsea and PSG were nomarks on the map.

I think states tend to go for no marks though as it is easier for their "long suffering" fans to accept.

If they came to us do people think we would welcome them like the Geordies/City ?

I speak for myself only it would end my support for this club if it happened every trophy would be tainted if bought by a STATE not a single businessman/group.

Media turn a blind eye to it all and tell us how Newcastle have been treated by Ashley, must have missed the bit they were anything other than sh*t before that !

Long suffering to me is the likes of Rochdale, Bury, Orient not a club who play in a top league and see some of worlds best players.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Long suffering to me is the likes of Rochdale, Bury, Orient not a club who play in a top league and see some of worlds best players.
    And Everton

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I think states tend to go for no marks though as it is easier for their "long suffering" fans to accept.
    1,000,000,000%

They are utterly dependent on the average thick-as-champ fan who is so desperate for success that they'll happily do the mental gymnastics to defend ownership because it "made the people happy" again - look at Man City with all that "Cityzens" rubbish.

A few years of fans talking about how wonderful/successful their club is in the workplace and then whammo - a particular club (Man City at present) is never out of the YouTube algorithms after those who have likely been paid off (Sky!) have sung their praises for a while.