Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: #fsgout

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Milner has won that test each season that he has been here now. His powers of endurance are insane.

Unfortunately for him (and for us) his explosiveness, top speed and acceleration are limited. The Premier League has become particularly quick and with time standing still for nobody while the game continues to evolve, his limitations will become more glaring.

I love the man. Top professional, a winner, competitive, full of nous and knows when to take a cynical yellow. If Football ran on sentiment I would sign him up forever.

I do hope he can join our coaching staff in future. I do however think this should be his last season.

I think we dropped his wages from £150kpw to £120kpw or £100kpw. We'll assume it's the latter.

Releasing him, Ox and Keita would free up around £340,000-per-week. We could definitely put that to better use than what we are currently getting from it - mainly down to Ox and Keita having Croissants in their legs rather than muscles.
    Can't Ox and Keita take a voluntary pay cut, considering how little they have played?
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Can't Ox and Keita take a voluntary pay cut, considering how little they have played?
    Haha!!

Would you?
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

you just extend the kd stand over the road. to create a tunnel. it’s been proposed.

kop is more straightforward. just match it to rest of the updated stands and make it standing room like proposed in the past. capacity increases too.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Doesn't matter as of next season unless we are crazy enough to offer extensions.

There have been players in the past who gave money back to a club when they were out for a spell - has happened in Serie A a few times if I recall.

Won't be happening with us I shouldn't think.

Quote Originally Posted by boom-klopp View Post
    you just extend the kd stand over the road. to create a tunnel. it’s been proposed.

kop is more straightforward. just match it to rest of the updated stands and make it standing room like proposed in the past. capacity increases too.
    SKD stand wouldn’t need to extend over any road. There is space for the stand to extend just - but there wouldn’t be room for access unless Skerries and perhaps Wylvia were demolished.

It’s the Kop that would need to do that up and over Walton Breck, it would be fooking epic.

Hence my idea of a cantilever.

Just need imagination and the will
    Last edited by Steveo; 6th September 2022 at 06:29 PM.

Not the owners (FSG), but if this is true I would certainly hope that we will be looking for new sponsors in the coming years -

Simon Hughes
    @Simon_Hughes__
    Liverpool’s shirt sponsor Standard Chartered has provided £6.18bn of financing to a company which owns a mine that is causing “irreparable damage” to Luis Diaz’s village and surrounding areas. Investigation from
    @jwhitey98

Quote Originally Posted by boom-klopp View Post

Have any of you ever been up to the seats at the back of the Kop or up in the rafters at the Sir Kenneth? It's too high up there and making it even bigger is undesirable in my opinion. Bring some standing areas back into the Kop and that should suffice - the atmosphere is what's special, not the numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    SKD stand wouldn’t need to extend over any road. There is space for the stand to extend just - but there wouldn’t be room for access unless Skerries and perhaps Wylvia were demolished.

It’s the Kop that would need to do that up and over Walton Breck, it would be fooking epic.
    I think there are already plans for Walton Breck that mean an expansion in that direction isn't possible, but I simply haven't the knowledge of the area, council bi-laws or architectural proposals to break down "why" in any detail.

The approx 61,000 seats could end up being what we're limited to unless we up sticks and move - which I think would be an absolute sin.

I think there are already plans for Walton Breck that mean an expansion in that direction isn't possible, but I simply haven't the knowledge of the area, council bi-laws or architectural proposals to break down "why" in any detail.

The approx 61,000 seats could end up being what we're limited to unless we up sticks and move - which I think would be an absolute sin.
    I don't buy that.. Sounds straight off the page of the no-can-do Liverpool City council mantra. Are we to believe that it is possible for Spurs to rebuild White Hart Lane (almost doubling capacity) in an area where land is 3/4 times the price and 5 times the population density and we can't ...in L4...That sounds like total BS to me.

What seems missing is the will from the city and the owner to do what is needed. What we will get is what an owner that only really wants more tourists desires- fewer MUCH higher paying admissions. They have little interest in making more room for the tens of thousands who would gladly walk the Camino de Santiago - for the cheap seats.
    Last edited by Steveo; 7th September 2022 at 10:25 AM.

Doesn't matter as of next season unless we are crazy enough to offer extensions.

There have been players in the past who gave money back to a club when they were out for a spell - has happened in Serie A a few times if I recall.

Won't be happening with us I shouldn't think.
    Extentions are cheaper than buying replacements