Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Napoli (Champion's League, group stage)

Your team v Napoli (Champion's League, group stage)

A very frustrating result, with none of our lads able to get it past Pickford.

7 points from Bournemouth, Newcastle and Everton. Time will tell if that's a good return or not. For a side competing for the League it likely isn't, but for retaining a regular Champion's League place it's probably enough. I'd certainly have taken it before this cluster of games.

We're now into that stage of the season where the games come thick and fast. Rotation becomes the name of the game.

After a difficult start to the League campaign, the Reds will be hoping that the Champion's League can act as a welcome distraction. A trip to Italy is rarely an easy prospect and outside of the Madrid sides it could be argued that Napoli have proved one of the tougher nuts for Liverpool to crack over the last 10-15 years.

......................Alisson

Trent.......Matip.......Van Dijk.....Robertson

.......................Fabinho

...............Elliott..........Arthur

Salah..............Firmino...........Diaz

Totally unsure as to whether or not Arthur will be ready to start, but if he can, he knows the Serie A.

A draw in Italy would likely prove an acceptable result, but a win would be very, very welcome.

Hopefully Jota and Núñez able to come in after 60-70 minutes to maintain rotation for our attacking players.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

We're fucked with injury's and look tired already

This is going to be a horrible game.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Might as well throw Arthur in there as there really aren't any other options.

I'd only give Diaz the first 45 as he looked absolutely knackered late on today.

Given the lack of midfield options I wouldn't be against Fabinho and Arthur in a midfield 2

Fab8nho is blowing very hot and cold. Klopp did cut him by leaving him alone in midfield. I would play Arthur Elliot and Fabinho. But Klopp will play Milner and Elliot

You think he will play Milner after today? Opposition won’t miss that lack of mobility, yes the game is slower there but if they watch todays game and put him under the way Lampard did, we will be running uphill on roller-skates

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    You think he will play Milner after today? Opposition won’t miss that lack of mobility
    Klopp is fiercely loyal and also doesn't like if one of Henderson or Milner is not on the park. He feels there's a lack of vocal leadership. I can see that just their ability is not matching their screaming st people. All 4our screamers are having shite seasons. Robbo ND Van Dijk see the other 2. Also maybe something we need to look stnot Many leaders besides those 4 and 3 of them see nl linger starters or certain starters.

Alisson
    Gomez Matip VVD Robbo
    Arthur Fab Diaz
    Salah Firmino Jota

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    You think he will play Milner after today? Opposition won’t miss that lack of mobility, yes the game is slower there but if they watch todays game and put him under the way Lampard did, we will be running uphill on roller-skates
    Combo of rotation and playing one young/inexperienced plus one older/experienced - so yes, Milner could play.

Not ideal, needless to say - but whilst weathering the injury crisis I think all bets are off.

It'd be insane to start or play milner vs good teams or unless we're completely in control and winning.

I also don't remember our last encounters vs napoli being 'slower paced'

If he does play Milner he can’t put him at RB like he did at first today. That’s madness. Any Sunday league squad would target that side over and over. He’s way off the pace and desperate in the tackle.