Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: At last! VAR being questioned.

The Premier League is to review the operation of VAR with referees' organisation PGMOL as a matter of priority.

More to follow.(from the bbc)

Its ok Howard Webbs on the way what could possibly go wrong? he was a bigger cheat than Mike Riley.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

ONCE AGAIN! brighton have a goal ruled out very harshly, by V A FUCKING R

at least they've got another.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Var getting ripped on NBC after Brighton game. Love to see it.

I'd start by checking peoples bank accounts.

There is just no way you get this many "mistakes" when you have the luxury of a replay.

iirc, every one of us on here has stated that it's not VAR that's the problem, it's the officials using it.
    The Premier League, and any other competition using VAR, should look at setting rules that reduce the amount of "interpretation" that is available to the officials.
    I would be happy if there was consistency for a start.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Not me mate, never wanted it, still don’t

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    iirc, every one of us on here has stated that it's not VAR that's the problem, it's the officials using it.
    The Premier League, and any other competition using VAR, should look at setting rules that reduce the amount of "interpretation" that is available to the officials.
    I would be happy if there was consistency for a start.
    I was for it and its been worse than expected, moreso in PL than CL.

The decision to not have the officials communications available to the public was madness to begin with and the reason wild, footy fans are lower class than other sports to put it plainly.

Fans should be able to listen into all officials communications. Incidents under review should be shown on screen too in grounds.

The rules change too often which hasn't helped the situation.

I have come round 180. Was also for it but have to admit - it’s a total mess.

Bin it - at least until we can get consistency utilising computers/ai to adjudicate. The human element makes decisions as bad as before but (arguably even easier to match fix) with all the destructive elements to the game itself. A goal is not a goal anymore. Nobody can celebrate. Nobody is sure of the rules or how and when to implement. It changes with the wind.

It’s ruining the sport tbh.

Nothing wrong with the VAR idea.
    Totally wrong that the VAR officials are judging the decisions , often inadequacy of their co- workers.
    Give VAR duties to an independant panel of 3 , one ex ref ( fully conversant with the rules )one ex prem manager ( though they probably are too rich and couldn’t be arsed ) and one retired prof. Footballer.
    Most importantly make their deliberations public. If they can’t come to a decision within 2 minutes then the refs decision stands.
    Also, won’t happen but we are getting so many cynical fouls that can’t be a red but are real spoilers….definitely need a 10 or 15 minute sin bin.

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    Nothing wrong with the VAR idea.
    Totally wrong that the VAR officials are judging the decisions , often inadequacy of their co- workers.
    Give VAR duties to an independant panel of 3 , one ex ref ( fully conversant with the rules )one ex prem manager ( though they probably are too rich and couldn’t be arsed ) and one retired prof. Footballer.
    Most importantly make their deliberations public. If they can’t come to a decision within 2 minutes then the refs decision stands.
    Also, won’t happen but we are getting so many cynical fouls that can’t be a red but are real spoilers….definitely need a 10 or 15 minute sin bin.
    Agreed on the public deliberations. Why hide it? Make the discussion public like other sports so people can understand what is going on.