Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Benevolent Tyson Fury

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Fury won easily, but bloody hell one judge gave it too Paul .
    Coincidentally, he was the American judge where Paul resides.

Usyk v Fury for April?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Usyk v Fury for April?
    Hope you're right there mate !

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Hope you're right there mate !
    Would be a smashing fight to see.

I have a lot of time for Usyk. Verbally agreeing to only taking 30% of the purse shows it's more about the belt than the money - though he would still make loads.

Intriguingly Fury has been chatting nonsense about a rematch clause and how there shouldn't be one - it's not a great look for him that, makes him look like he wants to duck the fight to someone like me who admittedly doesn't follow Boxing particularly closely.

Usyk's footwork and stamina is unreal. I know Fury has done 12-rounders before but not against someone like Usyk - I'd be so curious to see how a bout between those two would go if it reached a seventh/eigth/ninth round.

Basically Usyk has called his bluff. He's made ridiculous demands like he did for AJ to try and make it impossible for Usyk to accept. Problem for Fury is Usyk wants the belts not the money.
    I'm not Furys biggest fan but even his ardent supporters can see he's made a tosser of himself on this upto now.
    He talks a lot of rubbish,ill fight for free etc etc when he's being incredibly greedy on the split but Usyk has batted that back at him and it remains to be seen if it happens. At this point it's only the IBF who've said the fights happening and that's why the mandatory between Usyk and Dubois hasn't been ordered.
    No official word from either camp yet.

I hope it does happen as it'll be a fight between the two best in the division. I think Fury will win but it should be intriguing as Usyk is an unbelievably good boxer and I think it'll be Furys biggest test.

Good posts there chaps(sid and tees)...I'm a Fury fan but it does kind of look like he's trying to duck Usyk which if true is a shame....Would be a great fight if it happens...

Decent little doc (a few years old now, pre-Joshua fights) on Usyk.

I respect both men (Usyk moreso admittedly) and hopefully the fight happens and provides good entertainment.

In general terms with fighters I have always preferred the quieter/thoughtful types probably because it's a little more towards what I am and louder "I'm going to break your face" sorts just take me back to insecure and noisy lads at school who were much taller/heavier than me giving me stick because they knew I couldn't retaliate - nothing impressive about being physically imposing and flexing on a slightly built fella.

So the McGregor/Naseem/Haye types are the ones I love to see getting smacked around - and they know that of course which sells fights which I find all the more sad but hey ho.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

The fight that was never on is now off.
    What a tit Fury is. Never wanted it the same as he had no intention of fighting AJ. Making ridiculous demands to ensure it doesn't happen and then blames the other fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Intriguingly Fury has been chatting nonsense about a rematch clause and how there shouldn't be one - it's not a great look for him that, makes him look like he wants to duck the fight to someone like me who admittedly doesn't follow Boxing particularly closely.
    Sigh.

Not overly surprising but nonetheless disappointing that we have had a delay.

The fight should bloody happen. Amazing how much time can elapse in Boxing and how unwilling people are at times to take certain fights on (prime Golovkin v Mayweather would have been entertaining) given the hype that can surround them.

Again, as a very casual/outside viewer this problem doesn't seem anything like as prevalent in UFC? People taking fights on short notice seems to happen there, versus something like Fury and Joshua which was being talked about something like 12 years ago and still hasn't come to fruition.

Give us the Usyk v Fury bout dang nabbit!

Absolute shite performance from AJ. He's finished. 12 RDS against a guy who was working in a roofing factory 18 months ago.