Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tuchel's at the....sorry....WAS at the Wheel.

It should be Potter

Tuchel can have no complaints, won the Champions League beating City thankfully with the squad he inherited, who were very solid defensively, playing counter attack, but fucked it up royally since then

Inherited 5 very good and capable forwards

Werner, Havertz, Mount, Giroud and Pulisic

Failed to get the very best out of any of his forwards, for me he was absolutely stupid to not stick with the players he inherited Werner Havertz Mount was comfortably his best front 3 to start, kept chopping and changing moving their positions, dropping one or other of them and brought Donkey Lukaku in entirely unnecessarily in my opinion

I think if he persists with that front three they do catch fire eventually, Pulisic is a great option either side too and Giroud was a great option if ageing up top, Tuchel fucked with things he should have left well alone and persisted with for me
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Pretty much agree with most of that. Chelsea have great attacking options, particularly Havertz. Although i think Pulisic is finished at the elite level. We were linked with him when hr was a hot property and the American owners wanted to stimulate shirt sales at home. But he has faded now and seems predictable,

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Potter would do well here imo but obviously nobody does/should want Klopp to go.

Chelsea well they are different I can see why they have sacked Tuchel and its not a shock to me.

I mean a report said Tuchel got angry at having to explain why he didnt want Ronaldo to join ...
    Tommy lad is spot on.

Issue is Boehy seems to be a hands on idiot and is throwing his dough about and he looks at Ronaldo "The brand".

Roman did like football and he was hands on too but this new bloke just seems mad/clueless.
    A timing issue. I really wished that Potter could have been the man to take over once Klopp left. Of course after he maybe won a trophy or qualified once or twice for Europe. He strikes me as a Liverpool type of guy. Also his football is very good.

I am worried he could do very well at Chelsea. Lots of young players there so the issue of egos is 9t the same as it was. I am sure players like Pulisic and CHO even Loftis Cheek and Chalaboa are celebrating the departure of Tuchel. If he gets the job and can have the impact he had on a team that should be relegation level but are able to outplay even some of the bigger clubs, I don't see how he is not going to get them to do well they already used to being drilled in a boring way though so Potter is taking over a good team as well if he does.

Looks like Potter is at the wheel (sorry for the pun) I expect Nineteenx to steal that quote claim it has his own now.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Looks like Potter is at the wheel (sorry for the pun) I expect Nineteenx to steal that quote claim it has his own now.
    Yeah I've heard Potter can dish it out but...

Quote Originally Posted by Red October View Post
    Yeah I've heard Potter can dish it out but...
    Will be bring Hermione in for the backroom staff?

Grainger things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Will be bring Hermione in for the backroom staff?

Grainger things have happened.
    I've always wanted to meet the now grown up Emma Watson and get it on, just so I can bust my adaptation of the Professor Slughorn line "All hands on dick Grainger" from the Three Broomsticks scene in Half Blood Prince
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”