Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Wolves

If they sack Klopp, the owners will be toast. Seriously don’t fret over that just yet Sid. That would be suicide.

The hardcore fans know who and what got us to the promised land.

The one silver lining from last night was having Matip and Thiago back.

Allison
    TTA - Matip - VVD - Robbo
    Thiago - Fab - Elliott
    Salah - Nunez - Diaz
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

True..

I would Switch at Trent for Gomez.

Not because he is better but because he (Trent) either needs a rest OR a kick up the backside. That “performance” last night was unacceptable.

Shame that some of those key players can't keep fit. Too many games close together to accommodate the world Cup. A lot of our key players can't cope with that it seems. Maybe an age thing for some of them.

I really wish Nunez was better at the basics.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    If they sack Klopp, the owners will be toast. Seriously don’t fret over that just yet Sid. That would be suicide.

The hardcore fans know who and what got us to the promised land.
    The more sensible fans might, but we live in the "now" generation and the tide can turn quickly.

Hope we can Weather the next few games.

Rafa was a total diamond, what an amazing find - he lifted us up so high... people got on his back when things went south after the owners stiffed him... If they want do the same with Jurgen, they can multiply the damage, because the drop from here will be spectacular.

You are right.. We have to beat Wolves

Alisson
    Trent Matip Van Dijk Robertson
    Thiago Fabinho Arthur
    Salah Jota Diaz

I'd like to see how the full backs get on with the first choice partnership at central defence.

Please no more Milner or Elliott in midfield. Milner should have retired in the summer and Elliott doesn't yet have the tactical nous, he's a forward not a midfielder.

Diaz has been by far our best player but he has played every minute of the last 6 matches so I'd only play him for the first 45.

The modern is so ridiculous that people should question a manager that's done so much for the club. Should be given years of grace but sadly we know that doesn't happen anymore. Klopp will know he needs results fast to keep things ticking over.

His game is very intensive and it looks like players are shot. Similar to our catastrophe in 20/21. Van Dijk and Trent in particular. Maybe Salah too. Even fab who's always adw fairly solid.

Let's hope he gets a plan together soon

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Alisson
    Trent Matip Van Dijk Robertson
    Thiago Fabinho Arthur
    Salah Jota Diaz

I'd like to see how the full backs get on with the first choice partnership at central defence.

Please no more Milner or Elliott in midfield. Milner should have retired in the summer and Elliott doesn't yet have the tactical nous, he's a forward not a midfielder.

Diaz has been by far our best player but he has played every minute of the last 6 matches so I'd only play him for the first 45.
    Much as Gomez was awful I'd play him right back. Trent needs rest. Also we need more defensive mindset next few games to steady ship.

The only way Jurgen will be going anywhere is if he decides to leave because assurances he may have been given about being backed financially when signing his extension have been reneged on

He and his staff have made an unholy right royal fuck up of the supposed evolution, which I pointed out each step of the way, with each loss of a part of what made us Champions League and Premier League winners

This season, had we strengthened and put the funds into strengthening, meaning the club actually spending a considerable chunk of the profits it makes every season rather than insisting on only spending what we bring in from sales, we would be far stronger again, we'd have replaced some of the athleticism and physicality that has disappeared from our midfield and we'd all be comfortable and confident of challenging for both major titles again this season

Steveo has been like a dog with a bone with this, and quite rightly, I have touched on it a few times and left him to it and focused more on getting more out of and making better use of what we have in the absence of appropriate funding, including accepting some players are still thieving a living from the club based on their first half a season here 4 years ago

Klopp wanted Tchouameni, Ward fucked it up, the fabled recruitment team seemingly had no back up plan whatsoever or second or third targets to help restore some much needed physicality, athleticism, pace and drive to our midfield, that in truth we've sorely missed since the simply woeful decision to let Gini leave on a free

People scoffed at Laimer, he has an incredible engine and is renouned, revered and sought after for his relentless expert pressing, an area of our team play that desperately needed the introduction of such a player to help restore a lot of what has been thrown out with the baby and the bath water

Jurgen's stubborn refusal to move on Keita, Oxlade and Fabinho and his decision to let Gini go are obviously black marks against his excellent record, how any of that 3 are still here and how in one case even Michael Owen can belatedly see what I've been seeing clearly for 4 years yet our fabled video analysis team can't only they know, there needs to be a shake up in that area of our staff for me, I do not rate the job they've been doing since we won the league, I'm sure there are lots of things they are still doing well, but they're missing a lot of very basic things
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”