Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Game 2 Champions League other Matches

Agree HLOGI - any genuine quality striker will score a bucketload for them. And Haaland looks absolutely 100% ‘the real deal’. He does have it made for himself there. Look at the chances they create. Won a title minus any kind of a CF. Adding a rapier like, super clinical number 9 gives them that focal point now. Sadly he looks made for the premier league also.

He is quite likely to score more for City in this far tougher league than he managed for Dortmund!

Scary
    Last edited by Steveo; 15th September 2022 at 08:10 AM.

26 goals in 21 Champion's League matches and he is 22 years old.

"It is an Orc bred for a single purpose....to win the Champion's League for Man City" - Gandalf, probably.

I have watched a few spells of Man City games this season - rare for me to watch a full game as they usually win and I have no interest in witnessing it, bit like watching Man United years ago seemed a fruitless exercise. Anyway -for all that Haaland is going to score a bucket load, they definitely seem a little less solid defensively as a unit.

Maybe that's the notorious "slow start" and nothing else. Time will tell. I'm hoping they might draw a couple more games than usual this season in the League as a result.

Don't want their grubby mitts on Big Ears, though do think it's pretty inevitable at some stage whilst Haaland is there unless they're unlucky with the timing of an injury. They'll add to that squad in the Summer having become "net spend Champions" this year (...what a joke....) so I don't foresee the 23/24 season being a League campaign to enjoy especially - but that is a worry for another time.

He will profit but there is a chance they become more reliant on his goals. This could - possibly - mean IF his form dips or he misses games they drop more points than usual.

It’s a straw of a sort, but one I am willing to grab hold of with both hands

F me pink, they are shit to watch.
    Its the perfect storm for him, timing pace delivery the service is the best in the buissness. Side note Grealish is dying there, not enough game involvement to get the rhythm he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    He will profit but there is a chance they become more reliant on his goals. This could - possibly - mean IF his form dips or he misses games they drop more points than usual.

It’s a straw of a sort, but one I am willing to grab hold of with both hands
    Clutching is an understatement
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Clutching is an understatement
    Indeed - but we can't give up hope. At least that's what they tell me

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Indeed - but we can't give up hope. At least that's what they tell me
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

eeeee….
    Last edited by Steveo; 15th September 2022 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Haaland.

Again.

Almost as predictable as the days of Spain winning every match 1-0.

Yawn.

It's a quality finish, highly athletic - but I find it hard to give Scandi Carroll any praise.
    Why. He’s phenomenal. What a cross from Cancelo too.

Yeah amazing. the goal keeper did nothing ie coming out and both centre halfs just watched.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century