Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Other games this week 01/10

3 goal defeat flatters them

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    3 goal defeat flatters them
    Like us in Naples?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Like us in Naples?
    Yep. I think we might get similar treatment from city if we don’t improve a fair bit.

Anfield will turn the heat up for their arrival. We have to be far better than we have been but we can beat them

Anfield will turn the heat up for their arrival. We have to be far better than we have been but we can beat them
    I hope your right. Maybe it’ll be the game to kick us into some sort of form. I think we’ll get soundly beaten to be honest

I think we'll be up for this too both on and off the pitch.

City might batter us but they defo respect us.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Neville getting what he deserves he spent years desperate for City to win the league this is karma lad.

For the good of his own club he surely needed City to dip but no as long as we don’t win it all good.

I’m actually hoping other than our game they ram everyone 5/6-0 that is what neutrals and pundits want, right ?
    I do too. Just to show how much they've been allowed to ruin the league. People hate us yet we are the only thing that's stopped them winning 5 leagues on the spin. It's a fucking joke.

Still trying to wrap my head around how Stevie G kept Haaland to one goal in getting a point off City.

Press and put in a tackle in guess.
    Utd were chasing shadows and I don't remember a tackle on haaland in the first half..or foden for that matter.
    So the whole pressing without ronaldo thing has been put to bed.

That said its a little worrying when we play them. Parts of the Brighton game were us chasing thair shadows

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    Press and put in a tackle in guess.
    Utd were chasing shadows and I don't remember a tackle on haaland in the first half..or foden for that matter.
    So the whole pressing without ronaldo thing has been put to bed.

That said its a little worrying when we play them. Parts of the Brighton game were us chasing thair shadows
    Attack is also a form of defence. Agsinst Brighton had Diaz started who is our form forward he would have put doubt in their system. If a team is attacking you then your defensive minded playerd start becoming reluctant to join in on the attack. Sinve we were blunt and Brighton pressed well first 2 or so minites they just grew into. Once we went 2 down and begam to just theow the kitchen sink at them they were suffocated. Klopp made a miarake with his subs and thay buoyed them again and we never got control back.

Our collective press was rubbish abd if we do thsy we will be destroyed. Think it is a time for formation change and get more pace into our defending. The City game looks after itself. I am mote worriwd about the Arsenal game as it is their home game.