Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Haaland

Haaland

Unreal, so is the league not as good quality as we thought? as we're quick to knock german league and others?!

The future of city, Foden Haaland and Bellingham !

Could be worse, at least haaland didn't go to utd.

Wonder how many goals he'll score? seems only way to stop him if he's injured! if he keeps on like how he is, wonder how many he'll score? It'll be incredible if he doesn't win that stupid ballon'dor reward if he keeps it up, about time someone won it in this league.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 3rd October 2022 at 03:33 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Don't know what all the hype is about.

Overall the league is likely strongest top to bottom, but City is a level above everyone almost every year. The spending plus Pep is just a cut above. The bottom half of the league is much stronger than the bottom half of continental leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Don't know what all the hype is about.
    14 goals in 8 games? double anyone else?

8 games to score 3 hat-tricks, next best is micky owen which took him 48 games to score 3 hat-tricks.

Don't know what the hype is about? he's a beast
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Could be worse, at least haaland didn't go to utd.
    I detest their lot as much as anyone, but it will depend on how the footballing landscape shapes up.

There's every possibility of Man City winning 7 (or more) of the next 10 League seasons and winning Big Ears in Istanbul this season, with that blonde Uruk-Hai scoring along the way - after we get this mid-season, petro-dollar, blood-stained World Cup.

Man City need competition. Will probably eventually come in the form of Newcastle, unfortunately.

Can you tell I'm in a poor mood today?

Personally, 8 games is far too small a sample size to judge. For all we know, it might just be a Mark Stein or Amir Zaki stylee goal scoring run...

Made me laugh, after the Charity Sheild when the comparisons between Haaland and Nunez were made - after a single game! In the same way that those opinions have reveresed and we're now all lauding Haaland as some sort of God and Nunez as some sort of And Carroll knock off...

No doubt he's a good player but he wont beat Dean's record and he wont keep this rate up.

The one thing I've found interesting is most (including myself) thought that he might struggle to adapt to Baldy's system. However, it looks like City have adapted to Haaland. They are far quicker back to front, less intricate.

His physicality make's him the player he is. Like a lot of players, I always think how good a player would they be if they lost their height, strength or speed? And for me this is the difference between Messi and Ronaldo. Ronaldo wouldn't be as effective as he was without his speed\strength\size. It wouldn't make any difference to Messi.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    14 goals in 8 games? double anyone else?

8 games to score 3 hat-tricks, next best is micky owen which took him 48 games to score 3 hat-tricks.

Don't know what the hype is about? he's a beast
    De Bruyne, Silva Foden.... most good strikers would rack up. Add Cancelo as well.

De Bruyne is probably the best player in world football at the moment. He is in that bracket of world class. He could play with Zidane and Bergkamp and not look out of place. Bernardo Silva is also top top quality. Phil Foden in my view is the best English player since the generation of Gerrard, Rooney Owen, Scholes and Lampard. So he is playing in front of a heavily ensambled support cast.

So yes he is unreal and probably the best number 9 of this generation I can even say of the last 10 or 15 years. The boy is phenomenal but is playing with phenomenal talent. Oil money.... Haaland will retire barring injuries as one of the all time greats of football. Pity he is Norwegian so all his trophies will come from domestic football. Well maybe there can arise a generation alongside him but I doubt they seem to not do that well despite having him

He is obviously very good and I said last year to a mate id take him over Mbappe it is early days yet.

There is all this talk of being "best ever" striker in my lifetime he has a long long long way to match Van Basten or original Ronaldo.

They did the business in Serie A when that was the league and hardly a goal was scored ! Defenders were great then too and dirty b*stards as well you had to be tough then.

Once he has cleaned up here he will replace Benzema at Madrid.

Remember all the dickheads mocking La Liga when Messi was banging 50-60 a season in his pomp he'd do it here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Overall the league is likely strongest top to bottom, but City is a level above everyone almost every year. The spending plus Pep is just a cut above. The bottom half of the league is much stronger than the bottom half of continental leagues.
    They have been constantly topping up the tank squad wise ....while we ran it into the ground and need a rebuild...... to be fair our rebuild has started but it wont be ready for a while

Obviously a great player and an absolute goal machine , but as a player don’t think he’s anywhere near the original and only Ronaldo he could score absolutely bag full of goals and a lot of them he took on about 4 players to score , he had skill , pace , power and was predatory, haaland looks very very good but has a long way to be talked about in same breath as R9