Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Haaland

I don't know what diego has to do with it, completely different players? any chance stevo for you to mention him, it's like 19X and henderson / fabinho!

Haaland if he carry's on will go down as one of the best strikers that's all I know he's still only 22 he's already up there with current strikers, i'd have him over kane any day.

unless injury ruins him
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Absolutely Kev - and no apologies for embedding the greatest player of all time. Absolutely totally different players and Haaland with about 1/20th of the ability. His name was mentioned - so I couldn't resist

Oh - and here's another one for us all to enjoy.

He's dead mate, sorry I don't think he'll be playing for us anytime soon.

Then again I don't think Haaland will either.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I don't know what diego has to do with it, completely different players? any chance stevo for you to mention him, it's like 19X and henderson / fabinho!
    I initially brought Diego up in relation to people often looking at pure numbers these days versus context - example being Messi versus Diego.

Diego played at a time where he faced different challenges - rougher pitches, tougher tackles, sides not built around him in quite the same way.

Correct Sid - But Kev is also right, I knew how you were using it - and just used it as an excuse to crowbar in another few Diego videos... Confession time.. Apologies for causing confusion..

but not for posting the vids.. Always worth a watch imo

No apology required - I'll be watching the Diego vids if/as/when I get a chance.

I've shared a few Baggio vids myself and will again. I always wonder what might have been for him had he not had all the knee surgeries and been able to stay at one top club for a more prolonged spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    19X and henderson / fabinho!
    It's actually you lot who make it one v the other, every match thread, always looking to knock our Captain and big up Fab for doing rudimentary basic things, apportioning blame for every Fab fuck up of which there are many to anyone but Fab, BT highlight exactly what I highlighted and got bashed for on here, but you still won't accept it

Hendo fucked up on Saturday, most of you lot were busy blaming Trent on the match thread, I was the very first person to come out and say Hendo fucked up, as I will always say it is the player who I believe did, I don't try and pass the buck to anyone else as some of you lot constantly do for your bizarre chosen favourites, Hendo fucks up I call it, Virgil, I call it, Robbo, Trent, Thiago, any of them, whoever is at fault or most culpable as in, the situation that caused the goal wouldn't have happened if that player hadn't fucked up at a certain point

When Fab is shite, my saying he is shite has nothing to do with Henderson, just as me saying anything about any of our players has nothing to do with him or any other player. I don't spend match threads continually digging any player, as quite a few here look to do with our captain, I will say if a player has fucked up, I will say something if a player continually keeps making poor errors, for example last game, Thiago played every pass behind our players run when he could and should have released them, I didn't comment on it at first, because every player makes an error at times, when I eventually commented on it, it was like the fourth or fifth time he did it, he was THAT bad
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

He was, he also spent far too much time falling over looking for a foul when being caught dwelling on the ball … yet again.
    But then Fabinho was every bit as bad. Henderson at least was a mixed bag.
    Something wrong with almost the entire squad right now. Alisson and Diaz seem to be the only two consistently performing near their best. Bobby’s knocked a few goals in but general play is still mixed.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    He was, he also spent far too much time falling over looking for a foul when being caught dwelling on the ball … yet again.
    But then Fabinho was every bit as bad. Henderson at least was a mixed bag.
    Something wrong with almost the entire squad right now. Alisson and Diaz seem to be the only two consistently performing near their best. Bobby’s knocked a few goals in but general play is still mixed.
    Agree with most of that, Hendo was mixed, couldn't be anything other than mixed for his error for the goal, but he did more than enough positive things for me to atone for his error - While Thiago's passing radar was absolutely miles off, I thought in combinations with Hendo, he did incredibly well without the ball and picking up the slack left by Fab sitting deeper off the press and not contributing to it.

Fab was by far the worse for me, he wasn't anywhere near anything all game, he made 2 decent block/interceptions in our box later in the game, other than that lots of other players were getting slated when he was absolutely nowhere to be seen as our central midfielder and DM in the positions the play happened where he should have been and others were being blamed for as usual
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Sadly he's an incredible forward, he looks to have raised his game considerably already since arriving at City, probably through being surrounded by more players of higher technical ability, that run, touch and the ball he played in for Foden was absolutely top class, he suddenly looks far less clumsy than when he first arrived as well

Well, we had our chance, our owners refuse to invest a good percentage of what we're now generating, we failed to strengthen when on top, we fucked up our evolution Royally and we continue to persist with some poor players the manager has a blind spot for

The party is well and truly over and we've only our owners and all those involved in our supposed evolution to blame, C'est la vie lads, when it was good, it was fucking awesome
    I think that's what is most gutting ...we had the opportunity to go head to head with Shitty for years to come.... but the owners were too busy patting themselves on the back for winning with their "business model"