Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Arsenal

Your team v Arsenal

A win is a win is a win.

Beating Rangers certainly doesn't mean that Reds will suddenly be thinking about Istanbul, but two things mattered tonight - furthering our ambitions for qualification for the knock-out stages and building valuable confidence ahead of what will be a tough trip to play League leaders Arsenal.

......................Alisson

Trent.......Matip.......Van Dijk.....Tsimikas

................Thiago......Fabinho

Salah..........Henderson.......Diaz

......................Núñez

Jota didn't do anything "wrong" for me against Rangers. Indeed, on merit I probably wouldn't have Fabinho in, nor Jota be missing - but I feel three midfielders would be just that little bit more solid than having four forwards.

Saying that, if anyone said "same team again please" I am absolutely for us giving that a go - very fine margins on selection for me.

It's worth pointing out that Arsenal do concede goals - so there is certainly something to be said for trying to get at them. A win would really do absolute wonders for this still-stuttering side.

Fingers tightly crossed.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Alisson

Trent Matip Van Dijk Tsimikas

Henderson Thiago

Salah____Jota____Diaz

Nunez
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Why are you starting Nunez?

Firminos scored goals lately, I'm not his biggest fan but he's got some form back he has to play one of the few that deserves credit lately and you want to drop him?
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Because he's due a hat trick after the one's he missed tonight And. he'll cause them different problems and ask them different questions than Bobby with the pace and movement and runs in behind their full backs ahead of Mo and Diaz to be released he was making tonight
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Why are you starting Nunez?

Firminos scored goals lately, I'm not his biggest fan but he's got some form back he has to play one of the few that deserves credit lately and you want to drop him?
    Fair question.

I don't see it as dropping Firmino. October is jam-packed and I believe in rotation. I was also pleased with the positions that Núñez took up - yes, his finishing needs to be more clinical, but he got several shots off.

Also feel that defending and attacking set pieces could be the difference and I'd rather have Núñez for that, plus he has more raw pace for counter-attacking opportunities compared to Bobby.

If Bobby starts I certainly won't moan about it - tidy finishes against Brighton.

we won't get as many chances v arsenal it makes no sense starting Nunez for this game, None what so ever,

Firmino will also help the midfield out.

He can start against the mighty rangers again.
    #FSGOUT

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    we won't get as many chances v arsenal it makes no sense starting Nunez for this game, None what so ever,

Firmino will also help the midfield out.

He can start against the mighty rangers again.
    Klopp may see it that way too and if Bobby starts against Arsenal I won't complain.

Salah, Jesus, Zinchenko, Martinelli, Odegaard (and others) are all in-and-around 5'11 or so - I do think height could prove a factor on set pieces - but I'm not the Manager, so nothing to worry about.

Baffling
    #FSGOUT

Ok if it’s same formation..

Alisson

Trent
    Matip
    VVD
    Tsimikas

Fab
    Thiago

Salah
    Bobby
    Diaz

Jota

Playing that formation Bobby’s position is virtually a 10 and he is probably the best 10 in our squad (bar maybe Carvalho) Jota is most definitely not a 10 but he does score goals.

Núñez… meh
    Last edited by miller0863; 4th October 2022 at 10:47 PM.

Yes - this one ^.

The lad needs the bench after that tonight. Make him hungry - make him angry…make him something.