Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Klopp signed 7 years ago today.

Klopp signed 7 years ago today.

What a ride it's been!

I remember Reds tracking the flight and the overwhelming sense of anticipation and excitement, his "Normal One" and "doubters to believers" comments like they were yesterday - that goofy grin worn by Ian Ayre when the publicity shot of him signing was done.

Despite all the change at the club (Gerrard, Sterling and Suarez were gone) it was evident we were going to be in for a treat right from the off.

So strange to think what his first line-up would be as well - formation may not be quite right, but the line-up will be.

.....................Mignolet

Clyne....Skrtel.....Sakho....Moreno

...............Lucas.....Can

Lallana........Coutinho.....Milner

......................Origi

Lads like Ibe, Allen and Bogdan would have made the bench.

Safe to say that we have evolved somewhat. Multiple Finals, silverware in the bag, won the two biggest trophies of the lot and most significantly getting that 30-year wait sorted.

Still further adventures ahead - I'm so glad that Jürgen is a Red.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Hopefully we can eek out a few more years from him. Big (massive) shoes to fill when he moves on!

Did 7 years at mainz and dortmund too hmmm

Doubt he'll be around for much longer
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Hopefully we can eek out a few more years from him. Big (massive) shoes to fill when he moves on!
    Assuming we don't sack him (heaven forbid!) and he doesn't feel the need to walk, we're getting -

- the remainder of 22/23
    - 23/24
    - 24/25
    - 25/26

Massive as his shoes will be to fill, we are very likely to see the next Manager inherit a better League position, better squad and bigger stadium than what Jürgen did, which will be a percentage negation of the fact they simply won't be Klopp.

Just need to ensure his wife keeps loving the city so he might extend again

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    What a ride it's been!

I remember Reds tracking the flight and the overwhelming sense of anticipation and excitement, his "Normal One" and "doubters to believers" comments like they were yesterday - that goofy grin worn by Ian Ayre when the publicity shot of him signing was done.

Despite all the change at the club (Gerrard, Sterling and Suarez were gone) it was evident we were going to be in for a treat right from the off.

So strange to think what his first line-up would be as well - formation may not be quite right, but the line-up will be.

.....................Mignolet

Clyne....Skrtel.....Sakho....Moreno

...............Lucas.....Can

Lallana........Coutinho.....Milner

......................Origi

Lads like Ibe, Allen and Bogdan would have made the bench.

Safe to say that we have evolved somewhat. Multiple Finals, silverware in the bag, won the two biggest trophies of the lot and most significantly getting that 30-year wait sorted.

Still further adventures ahead - I'm so glad that Jürgen is a Red.
    Amazing how threadbare we were back then. We brought in Gomez Milner firmino and clyne that season I think. I would have kept clyne. And funny how origi just left recently!

Where was Jordan Henderson ?

He missed around 20 games that season.

And some around here still question him.....the fucking muppets

I think many have rightly questioned our midfield. Hendo has been a great servant, very dependable, but his technique is rightly questioned. It’s not very good. He has been very important for us but largely due to the fact that we haven’t had much in the top bracket.

Without a barnstorming front line and two FB’s with crazy assist numbers our midfield has been pedestrian.

Hendo missed 21 league games in 2015/16 and 14 league games in 2016/17..

35 games in 2 seasons and he was in his 20’s!

And so many question Thiago…arriving in a pandemic - in a new league and in his 30’s.

For a comparison Thiago missed 13 games in his first season (including 2 with corona) and 12 games last season (including 2 with corona). 25 games over the same 2 season period… but here’s the thing - how many people think that is the case?

Could it be that missing Thiago has a greater effect?
    Last edited by Steveo; 8th October 2022 at 05:33 PM.