Page 1 of 45 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Arsenal v Liverpool

Match Thread: Arsenal v Liverpool

Good time to put in a proper 90 minutes from the Reds

Liverpool XI

Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Tsimikas, Henderson, Thiago, Salah, Nunez, Jota, Diaz.

Subs: Kelleher, Gomez, Fabinho, Konate, Milner, Firmino, Elliott, Carvalho, Phillips.

Not holding my breath, a point wouldn’t be the end of the world.
    Still think Bobby should be at 10 with Jota furthest forward.

No matter the formation, we still have 11 exceptionally talented footballers out there. If they play well we should be more than a match for the Arse.

a draw is pointless. we have had way too many already. need to win. Don't see how we control the game with that formation.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Booooooooooooom unchanged line up from the game v Rangers, I expect our lads to administer the bumming, get the win and another absolutely ridiculously vital 3 points here today

Alisson

Trent Matip Van Dijk Tsimikas

Henderson Thiago

Salah____Jota____Diaz

Nunez
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    a draw is pointless. we have had way too many already. need to win. Don't see how we control the game with that formation.
    Yep, need the win, don't agree with the commentary assessment, Arsenal are also 4231, Hendo and Thiago are better than Xhaka and Partey, Arsenal are far more used to playing this system, but it isn't a million miles off how we're used to playing, it means LFWD and RFWD start as attacking mids and have to do a shift defensively, it also means that Nunez can be released in behind their full backs when they are trying to press onto Mo or Diaz and if their CB goes with Nunez's run it might create an opportunity to play Jota in or the attacking mid the other side
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    A win would be good.

Considering the start to the season, I'd be fine with 3 points (total) from Arsenal and Man City - win one, lose one.

Hoping to avoid 2 draws or worse still, a draw and a loss. Won't entertain the idea of 2 losses.

Obviously we need the win but I am being realistic with the relative form of the two teams.
    It’s draws against Palace, Fulham and Brighton that are damaging, not away at the league leaders, which is what they were before this round of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Yep, need the win, don't agree with the commentary assessment, Arsenal are also 4231, Hendo and Thiago are better than Xhaka and Partey, Arsenal are far more used to playing this system, but it isn't a million miles off how we're used to playing, it means LFWD and RFWD start as attacking mids and have to do a shift defensively, it also means that Nunez can be released in behind their full backs when they are trying to press onto Mo or Diaz and if their CB goes with Nunez's run it might create an opportunity to play Jota in or the attacking mid the other side
    Hendo and thiago aren't better on current form
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    A win would be good.

Considering the start to the season, I'd be fine with 3 points (total) from Arsenal and Man City - win one, lose one.

Hoping to avoid 2 draws or worse still, a draw and a loss. Won't entertain the idea of 2 losses.
    Sad thing is ...it seems like a win only helps city....and they are the last lot I wanna help out

Seems like he's given up with the midfield

Don't think it'll be a boring game that's for sure
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.