Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Rangers (Champion's League, Group Stage, second game)

Yeah sounds a great idea until we get beat in the Europa.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Yeah sounds a great idea until we get beat in the Europa.
    We've got sweet FA chance of winning this season's Champions League, yes we could get beaten in the Europa League, that's true, but we could get in a top No6 DM or top class young 22-25 (young for a DM) in as soon as the January window opens who can play the system or both systems AND a top young player who can play LFWD and RFWD as we have no credible options in either position, we need at least that and if we get it we will be far better equipped to win the Europa League and finish in the top six

We're not going to get top four this season, no fucking way Legs mate don't kid yourself, remember, I've seen this coming since 19-20 and been slagged off for saying so when I called it out at every step of the devolution and every baby we threw out with the bath water, I was wrong, I knew nothing, it was all part of a plan Jurgen was working on, etc etc etc, well, here we are

Top No6 and preferably another CM who can play No6 and either LCM or RCM and another top forward who can play left or right forward, I don't mid moving Bobby and Fab on in the January window to help finance it, we can do much better than both
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Who is kidding themselves I’ve been realistic for ages I said we aren’t getting top 4 if we don’t we don’t nothing I can control.

I never said we would win the CL but you don’t lose on purpose for a so called easier competition not that the squad/manager will be up for that anyway.

This season is a shocker no getting away from it as i’ve said earlier today way the game is now I can see me walking away it’s just sh*t for a number of reasons.

I’ve seen us win everything what more do I need to see really ? Imagine being a Palace/Norwich fan ��

Who is kidding themselves I’ve been realistic for ages I said we aren’t getting top 4 if we don’t we don’t nothing I can control.

I never said we would win the CL but you don’t lose on purpose for a so called easier competition not that the squad/manager will be up for that anyway.

This season is a shocker no getting away from it as i’ve said earlier today way the game is now I can see me walking away it’s just sh*t for a number of reasons.

I’ve seen us win everything what more do I need to see really ? Imagine being a Palace/Norwich fan ��
    I know what you mean, it's hard to see what Jurgen brought us wrecked by a failure of the owners to invest and through some fault of his own in hanging on to players and blind spots with certain players and mostly, trying to attempt to be something he isn't thinking he can win trying to play like Guardiola, rather than enhancing and improving the style and only style he has been successful with, love the guy, but I've not met a single person in my life who doesn't got caught up marvelling in their own magnificence in the echo chamber of their isolated status quo at some point or other

I've seen us win everything, through the failure to invest when we were on top and well on top and having subsequently been caught by 3 or 4 clubs who will continue to invest and aren't short of money who we may very well hand the advantage of recruiting from the top pool of players through Champions League football at our expense this season, well, I'm at that point where I'm thinking fuck it too

I never expected FSG to bankroll us or pump their own money into the club, I absolutely, 100% did expect them to pump in a lot more of the profits and new revenue streams and money the team earned back into the team and they have 100% let all the doubters Jurgen turned into believers down on that

It's the players I feel for most, the top players, the players who have been integral to our becoming successful who expected FSG to continue investing substantial amounts from the revenue the team generated back into the team

Football changes really quickly if you don't work hard and invest to improve when you're on top, there's a need for 3 or 4 top top quality players to be brought in and it could be a long way back now, and we don't have long left of Jurgen to make that happen, I'm already super pissed off that we have wasted, absolutely wasted 4 or 5 years not backing him properly, these should have been golden years, we should have invested to move even further ahead of City when we were better and it sickens me FSG didn't

Indeed.

"Throwing" the Champion's League would be a madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I know what you mean, it's hard to see what Jurgen brought us wrecked by a failure of the owners to invest and through some fault of his own in hanging on to players and blind spots with certain players and mostly, trying to attempt to be something he isn't thinking he can win trying to play like Guardiola, rather than enhancing and improving the style and only style he has been successful with, love the guy, but I've not met a single person in my life who doesn't got caught up marvelling in their own magnificence in the echo chamber of their isolated status quo at some point or other

I've seen us win everything, through the failure to invest when we were on top and well on top and having subsequently been caught by 3 or 4 clubs who will continue to invest and aren't short of money who we may very well hand the advantage of recruiting from the top pool of players through Champions League football at our expense this season, well, I'm at that point where I'm thinking fuck it too

I never expected FSG to bankroll us or pump their own money into the club, I absolutely, 100% did expect them to pump in a lot more of the profits and new revenue streams and money the team earned back into the team and they have 100% let all the doubters Jurgen turned into believers down on that

It's the players I feel for most, the top players, the players who have been integral to our becoming successful who expected FSG to continue investing substantial amounts from the revenue the team generated back into the team

Football changes really quickly if you don't work hard and invest to improve when you're on top, there's a need for 3 or 4 top top quality players to be brought in and it could be a long way back now, and we don't have long left of Jurgen to make that happen, I'm already super pissed off that we have wasted, absolutely wasted 4 or 5 years not backing him properly, these should have been golden years, we should have invested to move even further ahead of City when we were better and it sickens me FSG didn't
    Most clubs fans continue support for their respective teams through " thick and thin " and the " highs and lows ".Walking away or giving up on their team suggests they were fairweather fans in the first place.jmo !

Think we'll finish between 6th and 8th at this moment....That could be optimistic on my part...We've got the quality but the legs have gone for a few of em...

Quote Originally Posted by Martyboy View Post
    Think we'll finish between 6th and 8th at this moment....That could be optimistic on my part...We've got the quality but the legs have gone for a few of em...
    Well if we dont make 4th which I dont think we will we could do with 8/9th so we miss European football altogether.

Well if we dont make 4th which I dont think we will we could do with 8/9th so we miss European football altogether.
    That's a mixed bag. Yes, we would have more prep time between games, but we'd also find ourselves reducing the squad size a bit for a Europeless season - only to have to add to it again as/when we break back into the Top Four.

Whereas a Europa League campaign would only add 2 more matches and would get some younger lads vital European experience ahead of their future games in the Champion's League.

Also don't want a "dead" season on the co-efficient rankings as it increases the likelihood of us ending up in a "Group of Death" at a later stage.

Let's do this, according to Kev Rangers are a poor Championship side, so this side should be more than adequate, afterall, we only beat them comfortably without breaking sweat or conceding a single chance until Hendo went off in the first game because they're so desperately poor

Kelleher

Ramsay Gomez Phillips Tsimikas

Milner Fabinho Jones

Salah Firmino Carvalho