Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Is It An Overreaction?

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    That's ok we can start Mane at LFWD instead of No9 as he's still top class there and is worth 25-30 goals a season in all comps, oh shit, hang on..............
    I will never get how or why we let that happen

Un fookin real

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    The decline has been going on for a while, when was the last time we played like.. real good title winning season sorta good?
    Leicester 0-4 Liverpool 26/12/2019
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Ignore the two trophies last season and the 95 points or was it 96. i forget
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I will never get how or why we let that happen

Un fookin real
    I would have let Salah go before Mane, I thought Bobby should go and Mane stay and be allowed to leave on a free if he wished and we bring in a No9 for Bobby

Then we have

LFWD Mane/Diaz/Carvalho
    No9 Mane/Nunez/Jota
    RFWD Salah/Mane
    No10 Mane/Jota/Carvalho

Really fucking strong strength in depth in all positions and Mane and Mo's combined experience with Diaz or Nunez to help get the very best out of them

Jota isn't really a LFWD for me, I thought that was where he'd be an option for us when we signed him, but he's a No9 or false 9 for me

Letting Mane go because FSG could get a fee towards other signings (penny pinching again) when they could have got a fee for Bobby also, it was just absolutely fucking mental
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    History will say differently. Paisley is king. Won more often over a prolonged period.
    Not saying Klopp is better than Bob im saying he is the king for this era.

I would have let Salah go before Mane, I thought Bobby should go and Mane stay and be allowed to leave on a free if he wished and we bring in a No9 for Bobby

Then we have

LFWD Mane/Diaz/Carvalho
    No9 Mane/Nunez/Jota
    RFWD Salah/Mane
    No10 Mane/Jota/Carvalho

Really fucking strong strength in depth in all positions and Mane and Mo's combined experience with Diaz or Nunez to help get the very best out of them

Jota isn't really a LFWD for me, I thought that was where he'd be an option for us when we signed him, but he's a No9 or false 9 for me

Letting Mane go because FSG could get a fee towards other signings (penny pinching again) when they could have got a fee for Bobby also, it was just absolutely fucking mental
    Mane WANTED to go.

Thing is we have perhaps been too loyal to players.

Letting Gini/Mane go were correct decisions even though we didnt "let" Sadio go.

Ox Milner Keita all need to go next year.

Salah could go yet maybe PSG if Messi goes back home.

Leicester 0-4 Liverpool 26/12/2019
    Why clutch there?

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Mane WANTED to go.

Thing is we have perhaps been too loyal to players.

Letting Gini/Mane go were correct decisions even though we didnt "let" Sadio go.

Ox Milner Keita all need to go next year.

Salah could go yet maybe PSG if Messi goes back home.
    Sadio seen the iceberg before everyone else !!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Sadio seen the iceberg before everyone else !!
    Everyone else is dumb then
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    I think Jurgens apparent insistence on 'this player or not at all' is the big problem.
    Jurgens system needs 11 players totally committed to his system.
    He seems to lack a different tactic.
    He has had that commitment from many players during his tenure with great success at times but more often disappointment at the final hurdle.
    That hurts and is exhausting not only physically but mentally.
    Players can try again but how often, knowing perhaps it just won't be enough.
    Perhaps that is what is happening now?
    Doubt!
    Klopp's system is very intense. The players that seem to suit him best are the wiry types like Mane, Diaz, Wijnaldum. More silky players like Thiago less suited.

Klopp's football works amazingly when it works. Teams being dominated, choked, possession won in their half and straight onto the attack. We've seen some amazing football at times. Breathtaking.

However, it seems players get very fatigued (understandably) and that's where things seem to go belly-up. Without replacements to come in you're screwed which is largely where we've been on and off for a while. It's very hard to have depth in the squad without lots of cash to throw at players as most don't want to sit on the bench.

To be fair to Klopp he's got a lot out of the players he's had at Liverpool and also signed really well during his time for the most part.

I just don't think Klopp has a plan B and I suppose we all knew that. Sadly it's where the wheels come off for him. We looked burnt out after the league win in 20/21 and we do now but we've no-one to come in to replace top players. On top of that first teamers have declined in age/ability and are looking the worse for wear so we kind of don't have anywhere to go....hard to see solutions right now without signing 3 players through the spine of the team which ain't gonna happen anytime soon..

My personal bugbear is that we should have focussed on the league and CL last season at the expense of the other cups. I know silverware is great but we might not get to a CL final for years again or within touching distance of the league. The players just looked out of ideas in the CL final. Very flat.

Hasn't helped that Salah's gone AWOL. Looking more and more like we should have cashed in on him and started the rebuild with the cash.
    From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend on reading it. Groucho Marx