Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Is It An Overreaction?

Quote Originally Posted by Gurthers View Post
    I don't think we're good enough to win the Europa.
    Rangers were finalists last year. It's an unpredictable tournament.

Mourinho's Man United had an easy run to their win, whereas our run where we lost in the Final had Champion's League level teams throughout.

Impossible to know right now. January/February are very far away in footballing terms.

I'm torn between my heart saying in klopp we trust but my head tells me he's finished

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    It's certainly looking a tough climb right now.

Still. Look how bad it was in 20/21 - losing 6 games on the bounce at one stage around January. We still scraped it.

Mentally prepared for a loss to Man City, certainly. What we need to do now is fine a way (by hook or crook) to beat the mid-table and relegation sides - the likes of Chelsea/Spurs/Man United/Brighton/Man City will all take points off each other. With luck we can stay within a reasonable distance of the 4th-placed side and have a big push in the closing 10-12 games.

Not worth much analysis though. We need results ASAP.
    Yes that is true but the teams behind us then Arsenal/Spurs have improved.

I am realistic there is just no way we will pull it back.

The games come thick and fast we now have Trent/Diaz out.

Our only hope is cups this season.

If we don't finish high enough to get Champions League football next season (which, from the looks of things we won't), then I don't want us in Europa League or Europa Conference football either.

Perhaps an entire season without European football might do us a world of good in re-setting much like it did Arsenal last season, and who now sit top of the league.

It might make it harder for recruiting new players, but if we're honest with ourselves, we simply don't have the squad depth to challenge on all fronts consistently anymore. And more so now with an aging team that's breaking down in multiple positions.

I saw a statistic today that showed our teams average age is 27 years while Arsenal's is 24.

One of these two teams is built for the future, and it certainly isn't us.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Just saw Diaz left the stadium on crutches ffs.

Yep Diaz on crutches - I knew it was bad for him to come off. He won't play v City.. eek!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    It's certainly looking a tough climb right now.

Still. Look how bad it was in 20/21 - losing 6 games on the bounce at one stage around January. We still scraped it.

Mentally prepared for a loss to Man City, certainly. What we need to do now is fine a way (by hook or crook) to beat the mid-table and relegation sides - the likes of Chelsea/Spurs/Man United/Brighton/Man City will all take points off each other. With luck we can stay within a reasonable distance of the 4th-placed side and have a big push in the closing 10-12 games.

Not worth much analysis though. We need results ASAP.
    It's also worth noting that we're currently 14 points behind Arsenal as they lead the league (with a game in hand).
    Which sounds bad enough, until you remember that we were also 14 points points behind City going into the Christmas break last season and still managed to claw our way back and bring that back to a one point deficit at the end of the season.

Granted, that was with two games in hand, but still.

But you're right.
    Any recover has to start with getting results and getting them fast.

I don't expect much against City next week, and honestly will be chuffed if we managed to get a draw from that game given the form they're in.
    But if we can indeed manage to get something out of that game, it can be something huge to build on as the run of games we have following that leading to the World Cup and shortly after are games we can pick up a run of points in if we're really on it.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

It's not an overreaction. two wins this season a 9 nil drubbing and a 96th minute winner.
    Klopps got it wrong on some things. like the 5 sub thing. Teams can just rush the life out of us from the first minute and not tire in the second half.the 4/4/2 thing today was baffling. The owners don't care. But we'll see what they are really made of in the next 2 transfer windows.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

In reply to the OP, I don't think it is an overreaction. We are on the decline, no doubt.
    In the past we've always looked capable of getting pit of a bad spell. This time it looks different, Klopp looks sick as fuck.

When Henderson can't produce anymore. hes not much of a leader. how can you hollow at your fellow players when your making more mistakes than them? I'd give Robertson the captains armband now. (Just my opinion).
    we need a change of approach and mentality.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century