Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Is It An Overreaction?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I think we need 3. Two mids and a forward. That's obviously not going to happen but right now that attack does not look to have enough goals in it, especially if our defence is going to keep shipping goals. Jota role in the side has changed a bit so he's not getting goals like before, Salah looks to have hit a rapid decline in his impact. Diaz is class but doesn't score enough.
    That leaves Darwin and Bobby. We need a new main man aswell as a couple of mids.
    Midfield has been the topic since the off but if we are being fair attack and defence take equal blame for this current predicament.
    Absolutely agreed. We won't/can't do it though, especially when we likely won't have Champions League football next season. I fear mid table mediocrity is our short and medium term future without a relative miracle.

It really is a shame we have so many injury prone players taking a wage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurthers View Post
    Absolutely agreed. We won't/can't do it though, especially when we likely won't have Champions League football next season. I fear mid table mediocrity is our short and medium term future without a relative miracle.

It really is a shame we have so many injury prone players taking a wage.
    The last part sadly has to come down to Jurgen in some ways, he kept those players, ppl saying he doesn't get the final say, surely he gets the final say on players that are taking double the wage he could sign a younger, better player for who isn't always in the treatment room and will always be available to contribute, Keita and Oxlade should have both been fucked off over 2 seasons ago
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

You try getting rid of them Ninteenx. If they won't go
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I think like Steveo said to me yesterday we are fucked when Klopp goes.

The reality is we dont have the funds to get back to the top the finances are off the scale.

Mane, Salah, Firmino were all signed for £30-40m that seems to be our sweetspot price.

The issue now is if say Mane II came along at Southampton you are looking at £70-90m that is how the market has changed in a short time.

I have said it numerous times we will only compete with a sports washer outfit in this day and age imo.

Sad state of affairs but I believe it to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    The last part sadly has to come down to Jurgen in some ways, he kept those players, ppl saying he doesn't get the final say, surely he gets the final say on players that are taking double the wage he could sign a younger, better player for who isn't always in the treatment room and will always be available to contribute, Keita and Oxlade should have both been fucked off over 2 seasons ago
    Honestly I don't think he does. Have you looked at him when asked about them?

He has stated on more than 2 occasions now that HE doesn't get the final say on transfers. That means he cannot shift anyone dude. It's on the owners. This living within our means is a spin of, we will manage the budget, and the budget will dictate transfers. Ignore the PR, they are cleverly admitting that THEY are in control.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I think like Steveo said to me yesterday we are fucked when Klopp goes.

The reality is we dont have the funds to get back to the top the finances are off the scale.

Mane, Salah, Firmino were all signed for £30-40m that seems to be our sweetspot price.

The issue now is if say Mane II came along at Southampton you are looking at £70-90m that is how the market has changed in a short time.

I have said it numerous times we will only compete with a sports washer outfit in this day and age imo.

Sad state of affairs but I believe it to be true.
    That's what will happen. An offer will come in that will be too good to refuse and they will take it. That's always been their plan, I just don't think they had any clue how much of a sleeping beast we actually were when they "acquired the franchise".
    We are too big now to just plummet out of the equation.

What would people rather? Genuinely.
    Bought out and be a "if you can't beat em join em" club. Or stick to our traditional principles and be on the outside looking in forever?

Bought out and be a "if you can't beat em join em" club. Or stick to our traditional principles and be on the outside looking in forever?
    OR convince Henry to grow a pair and start acting like a genuine football club owner and not someone running a bank.

If we were bought by the likes of Saudi btw - I would boycott
    The fact that Newcastle are allowed to be owned by a Saudi wealth fund while they have the cheek to oust Roman - tells everyone WHO is in charge.

Our owners need to have similar pressure applied to them. The twats at United do it and they get their managers anything they like. luckily they have had one disaster of a manager after another - handed impossible expectations post Fergie.

We have had, no such issue and the very best manager around.. and we didn't back him
    Last edited by Steveo; 10th October 2022 at 10:06 AM.

That's what will happen. An offer will come in that will be too good to refuse and they will take it. That's always been their plan, I just don't think they had any clue how much of a sleeping beast we actually were when they "acquired the franchise".
    We are too big now to just plummet out of the equation.
    Quicker that offer comes the better.

Why not in-between? Why does it have to be like newcastle or city?

Owners that spend a bit of money would be nice we'd be a lot better off if we had that the last few years, and i'm not tallking 100's of millions either

imagine how much we could have won, with everythign clicking Klopp at the helm and one of the best players in the world at the time..
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.