Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Is It An Overreaction?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Why not in-between? Why does it have to be like newcastle or city?

Owners that spend a bit of money would be nice we'd be a lot better off if we had that the last few years, and i'm not tallking 100's of millions either

imagine how much we could have won, with everythign clicking Klopp at the helm and one of the best players in the world at the time..
    Spot on. Nobody even asking for that level of spend and certainly not those owners. Just owners that give a fook. Enough not to try and get the most from the least 100% of the time.

Theres no reason we cant go into 200 million debt to buy players. In the long run they will help us get into the "holy grail" that is the top 4. if we don't get top 4, we will be in debt due to the players wages. It stands to reason.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

@Steveo,Kev. I just think if they were going to do that in between kind of bit it would have been done by now. They know what's required.

they can't stump up money when requried that's for sure

(Kabak Davies) lol.

(Arthur)

says it all.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

We made a profit on Davies WIN
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    @Steveo,Kev. I just think if they were going to do that in between kind of bit it would have been done by now. They know what's required.
    As a fan base we have been pathetic regarding them. Shankly would have ripped them a new one. We have been like a jilted lover when the next geezer comes along. Fawning all over FSG - oh thank you for saving us.. Ok we forgive you this and forgive you that.. thanks to you though you we are saved... yuck.. you are so much better than H&G. Not hard.

WE allowed one group of Yanks to destroy our own sense of worth and belief..Not entirely fair - the banks here also helped big time on that score. massively undervaluing us to let a relatively small time US investor take control one of the biggest clubs around. No accident that the big clubs - the really BIG ones, the ones with the huge ready made markets - are US owned.

Never forget NESV bought Liverpool FC the MOST successful club in the land in 2010 for £300 million

They did nobody a favour but themselves, a huge one too - they are connected to banking, and the banks gave them a huge bunk up.
    Last edited by Steveo; 10th October 2022 at 10:24 AM.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Forbes recently value the club at £3.5 billion? Who out three would pay that out of their own pocket and on top of that spend hugest sums to rejuvenate the squad? Even the sports washers would shrink away from that.

Strange that none of them were interested when FSG got the club for a steal. Or maybe they were?

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    We made a profit on Davies WIN
    Never seen a club so desperate to make a mill or 2

Luckily we had quite a few fringe players to sell to help stump up for nunez otherwise no chance in hell
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    What would people rather? Genuinely.
    Bought out and be a "if you can't beat em join em" club. Or stick to our traditional principles and be on the outside looking in forever?
    I wouldnt want us to go the cant beat em join em route being honest I would feel any trophy wasn't done the proper way.

There is like Kev says an inbetween but those people are few & far between.

Our club would cost around 3-4 billion then you need money to buy top players etc not many of them types around.

I think we have maxed out value wise cant see us going higher.

I wouldnt go anywhere near a football club if I was wealthy being honest seems a right load of hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurthers View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Forbes recently value the club at £3.5 billion? Who out three would pay that out of their own pocket and on top of that spend hugest sums to rejuvenate the squad? Even the sports washers would shrink away from that.

Strange that none of them were interested when FSG got the club for a steal. Or maybe they were?

That's precisely the point. The sale was engineered to gift us to NESV. Broughton did this. Chelsea fan. Would have worked a treat too had Klopp not arrived. We would have been fine - bumbling along in the or a round the top 4..but that would have been it. There were other investors but they were smeared in the media.

The best we can hope for now is to behave towards them AS I have from the off. with scepticism and mistrust. The only way is to make them feel they HAVE to back the manager OR the fans will give them strife!