Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Is It An Overreaction?

To add to my previous post...
    I do not think that players are downing tools but rather beginning to doubt that Jürgen strategy.
    I remember replying to steveo methinks some years ago me thinking that Jürgen was a nearly man and then after the pl and cl saying that I was wrong but now I am not sure. I think history will have him as a nearly man. He has come second so many times. Perhaps a bit like Wenger. Unchanging in method.

Whaaaaat?

I mean each to their own, but absolutely not for me. He is the best around. No equal, with even double the resource.

The decline has been going on for a while, when was the last time we played like.. real good title winning season sorta good?

We seemed to be able to scrape results before though and stay solid.

Now we can't do that, Salah inspired us going forward quite a bit when mane was off-form and soon as mane gets some form he's off and salah is super-invisible, (although salah showed decline too last season)

"the mentality monsters" ...... more like "joke monsters" nowadays and concede in the first minute, kinda thing, we're good at conceding first these days.. last 12 games compared to 12 before have been a utter joke (can't remember the stats but was somewhere shown)

Something isn't right, there's got to be more to this, I don't believe all the players are "Knackered" as such, and the drop of form can just happen just like that...

Something started the decline and has got worse and worse..
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Whaaaaat?

I mean each to their own, but absolutely not for me. He is the best around. No equal, with even double the resource.
    Managers are judged by their results. Jurgen has done brilliant for us and Dortmund but how many times losing finals and coming second. Many players have given him everything!

Nearly men don't win trophies. He's won the title in 2 leagues against financial powerhouses. Plus picking up several other trophies.
    Nearly men don't come close to that kind of achievement in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Nearly men don't win trophies. He's won the title in 2 leagues against financial powerhouses. Plus picking up several other trophies.
    Nearly men don't come close to that kind of achievement in my opinion.
    But came close to winning so much more and so missed out on so many occasions.
    I think you like boxing. I don't but...
    Is Joshua a nearly man?

I can't think of a great manager who hasn't come second in a competition.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    But came close to winning so much more and so missed out on so many occasions.
    I think you like boxing. I don't but...
    Is Joshua a nearly man?
    No. He's been a 2 time, 3 belt WC and Olympic champ. Achieved more than most boxers will ever dream of.

Klopp has missed out a lot but when you look at who he's missed out on to its really not a slight on his record. Two teams who under anyone else the respective clubs are getting nowhere near. BVB haven't been anywhere close to anything since his departure. LFC will be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    No. He's been a 2 time, 3 belt WC and Olympic champ. Achieved more than most boxers will ever dream of.

Klopp has missed out a lot but when you look at who he's missed out on to its really not a slight on his record. Two teams who under anyone else the respective clubs are getting nowhere near. BVB haven't been anywhere close to anything since his departure. LFC will be the same.
    well the last bit you can't say that for sure

if we come 6th-8th this season and have a new manager it will be the same!

Hehe, I know what you mean though.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    The decline has been going on for a while, when was the last time we played like.. real good title winning season sorta good?

We seemed to be able to scrape results before though and stay solid.

Now we can't do that, Salah inspired us going forward quite a bit when mane was off-form and soon as mane gets some form he's off and salah is super-invisible, (although salah showed decline too last season)

"the mentality monsters" ...... more like "joke monsters" nowadays and concede in the first minute, kinda thing, we're good at conceding first these days.. last 12 games compared to 12 before have been a utter joke (can't remember the stats but was somewhere shown)

Something isn't right, there's got to be more to this, I don't believe all the players are "Knackered" as such, and the drop of form can just happen just like that...

Something started the decline and has got worse and worse..
    You seem to be reveling in this?
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"