Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Is It An Overreaction?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    To add to my previous post...
    I do not think that players are downing tools but rather beginning to doubt that Jürgen strategy.
    I remember replying to steveo methinks some years ago me thinking that Jürgen was a nearly man and then after the pl and cl saying that I was wrong but now I am not sure. I think history will have him as a nearly man. He has come second so many times. Perhaps a bit like Wenger. Unchanging in method.
    Errrm. Brendan Rodgers is a nearly man.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    You seem to be reveling in this?
    Just the facts and curious to see if anything has happened behind the scenes...

not that we'll ever know
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    No. He's been a 2 time, 3 belt WC and Olympic champ. Achieved more than most boxers will ever dream of.

Klopp has missed out a lot but when you look at who he's missed out on to its really not a slight on his record. Two teams who under anyone else the respective clubs are getting nowhere near. BVB haven't been anywhere close to anything since his departure. LFC will be the same.
    And in boxing terms perhaps some of those are maybe like winning the FA cup or League cup once or twice over a prolonged career.
    Jurgen has been brilliant for us but I sense doubt in the players and the team mentality. The older guys bought into it with good results but many have left after much effort and appear to be irreplaceable.

Nah im with Steveo and Klopp is king.

NOBODY in world football takes the squad he did and wins what he did imo.

Pep will be lauded as a king as he has the trophies but look at his first season at City they were pants.

The difference is MONEY and that is very very obvious.

Pep is a good manager obviously but he has NEVER had to sell to buy at any of his clubs either.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Errrm. Brendan Rodgers is a nearly man.
    NO
    Errrm? Flirted once or twice briefly. Bit of a tart!

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    NO
    Errrm? Flirted once or twice briefly. Bit of a tart!
    Exactly, never made it except in Scotland
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Once we get city out the way hopefully things improve.... we might even beat forest, then again we're disjointed as them and they've got 23 new players or whatever it is.
    West Ham (think it's at Anfield)
    Nottingham (think it's away)
    Leeds (think it's at Anfield)
    Tottenham (away)
    Southampton (think it's at Anfield)

They're the League games before the World Cup. Realistically we need 10 points there (3 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss) if we don't want to get cut too far adrift of 4th (we'll be 9 points off it after Man City) and ideally more - which is hard to envisage just now.

Beat West Ham any way we can and you never know what it could inspire. The result there could set the tone for the remaining matches - for better or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Nah im with Steveo and Klopp is king.

NOBODY in world football takes the squad he did and wins what he did imo.

Pep will be lauded as a king as he has the trophies but look at his first season at City they were pants.

The difference is MONEY and that is very very obvious.

Pep is a good manager obviously but he has NEVER had to sell to buy at any of his clubs either.
    History will say differently. Paisley is king. Won more often over a prolonged period.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    West Ham (think it's at Anfield)
    Nottingham (think it's away)
    Leeds (think it's at Anfield)
    Tottenham (away)
    Southampton (think it's at Anfield)

They're the League games before the World Cup. Realistically we need 10 points there (3 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss) if we don't want to get cut too far adrift of 4th (we'll be 9 points off it after Man City) and ideally more - which is hard to envisage just now.

Beat West Ham any way we can and you never know what it could inspire. The result there could set the tone for the remaining matches - for better or worse.
    Yep - it will be a strange one for sure….. on another note - absolutely gutted that Diaz is out though. Due back AFTER World Cup… makes things a ton harder:

Bloody hell

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yep - it will be a strange one for sure….. on another note - absolutely gutted that Diaz is out though. Due back AFTER World Cup… makes things a ton harder:

Bloody hell
    That's ok we can start Mane at LFWD instead of No9 as he's still top class there and is worth 25-30 goals a season in all comps, oh shit, hang on..............
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”