Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The most important 4 weeks of our League season?

I think its hard to lay the blame at one persons door.

I suspected this season wouldnt go well for us but not to this extent.

We have let too many get too old at the same time that is not just on one person.

We have gifted contracts to people not doing anything.

Salah is a tough one we not the 2019 version but he is still a good player, Covid ruined our chances of getting a big fee for him.

Imagine though two years ago we sold him we'd be going mental.

FSG whilst they are here wont sanction anyone 29-31 on big contract again.

Savic I saw linked he is 28 in Feb no chance we spend £60-80m on him.

I don't even think henderson is nearly worth 200k a week

isn't milner on like 150k or something?

Some very daft contracts going around..
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I don't even think henderson is nearly worth 200k a week

isn't milner on like 150k or something?

Some very daft contracts going around..
    Milner is on around £90-100k I think and Hendo not sure but it is going to be £150k at least.

When you look at it Kev we are throwing millions on players who are either not good enough or on treatment table !

Ox, Keita, Millie that is £300k a week minimum which over the year is £13-15m.

Then chuck in Arthur thats £20m at least down the shitter

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It is absolutely it imo. This is where plenty will blame Klopp. But Klopp has tried to evolve the team so that this boom and bust risk.. is mitigated. Sadly he just hasn’t had anything like the backing to do so.

This is why he (or the club) has/have tried - all or nothing to go for Chou Chou. Next up Bellingham… He realises there isn’t ever going to be the cash to get to that next level. So he is trying to get back to 2019 by putting a plaster in at number 6…and hope that works. But the rest have aged.

Simple maths tells us all that FSG cannot make us competitive at the elite level, UNLESS there is a freak occurrence in the market which creates a Coutinho to Barca situation.

Yet again that situation we ruthlessly and brilliantly exploited, is at the heart of it all.

Where is it coming from next? Without it, even with Klopp, it is - as I mentioned a year or more ago - us looking up at Spurs and Arsenal, again…that’s the model right there.

Klopp has made it look so much more effective than it is.

Put this manager in any big club in Europe, and he will do similar. The difference is, with us, there is a connection with the fans and the city, it’s genuine. He would have never signed that contract otherwise
    I've always said if Klopp had Peel head Pep's resources we would win everything....and look we almost did... He's signed a new contract so as long as we accept what will be will be, this year ....We go again next year!

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    I've always said if Klopp had Peel head Pep's resources we would win everything....and look we almost did... He's signed a new contract so as long as we accept what will be will be, this year ....We go again next year!
    Agree, we are never out of it with our Jurgen around.

Don't forget to factor in our wonderful match officials, when looking to the future.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

So pleasantly surprised with the position we now find ourselves in.

Had mentally prepared myself for a defeat to Man City and thus being -

- 13 points behind Tottenham (3rd)
    - 9 points behind Chelsea (4th)

As it happens, we are now -

- 10 points behind Man City (2nd)
    - 10 points behind Tottenham (3rd)
    - 6 points behind Chelsea (4th)

Sides above us WILL be dropping some points given the fixtures where they face each other. If we can actually start winning games (and it is a big "if") we can definitely go into the November break a bit closer to those Champion's League spots.

This side may well be in the Autumn/Winter of a cycle and in need of some rejuvenation, but it is absolutely NOT dead just yet.

Well top 4 should happen...

It's a big downfall from last season

I don't think we've got this shit in over a few months... we should be making top4

Starts with today, that effort in every game... not just city.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Well top 4 should happen...
    I don't think it's a given by any means - not because we "suck" or anything but the improvement of other sides is coinciding with us coming off the other side of our peak, certainly.

Chelsea are absolutely the target. You'd describe 4 of their next 5 matches as "tricky" at the very least. We should really be hoping to be 0-3 points behind them by the end of this cluster, rather than 6 points off.

Today has been such a lift.

To add - a game in hand on both Man City and Tottenham. Do our bit and we could be 7 points off.