Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The most important 4 weeks of our League season?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I don't think it's a given by any means - not because we "suck" or anything but the improvement of other sides is coinciding with us coming off the other side of our peak, certainly.

Chelsea are absolutely the target. You'd describe 4 of their next 5 matches as "tricky" at the very least. We should really be hoping to be 0-3 points behind them by the end of this cluster, rather than 6 points off.

Today has been such a lift.
    Well you're always banging on about how we have one of the biggest wages and agent fees etc

no reason we shouldn't make top 4 after last few seasons, like I said bit of a downfall
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Well you're always banging on about how we have one of the biggest wages and agent fees etc

no reason we shouldn't make top 4 after last few seasons, like I said bit of a downfall
    Going to aim to keep the financial stuff to a minimum in this thread as it permeates every single thread with every blip and setback. It's true we pay a lot in agent fees and wages.

It's certainly a downfall from last season, no question. But it's also (potentially) a major improvement on the position we have been in, or could have been in. The dreaded prospect was dropping out of the Champion's League spots and facing some serious challenges for 23/24.

We could so easily have been 16 points behind 2nd spot at the final whistle. I think many of us half-expected a loss today. We now have a spell of the season which might see us close the gap a bit on the likes of Chelsea.

We can only feel positive after that result today. We've been handed an opportunity and we need to smite West Ham's ruin upon the Mountainside - then go from there.

In an attempt to thwart any tempting of fate..,

We are just as likely to drop points or even lose to West Ham in what will be their cup final Unfortunately.

We put in so much today - don’t be surprised if we stink the place out Wednesday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    In an attempt to thwart any tempting of fate..,

We are just as likely to drop points or even lose to West Ham in what will be their cup final Unfortunately.

We put in so much today - don’t be surprised if we stink the place out Wednesday night.
    Wouldn't surprise me at all. I'm encouraged by seeing two good performances back-to-back almost more than the victories.

If we do manage it though, it would be a fabulous time to get a win. Man United will be playing Tottenham.

Gutted about Jota. I mean he could be a huge loss at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Gutted about Jota. I mean he could be a huge loss at this time.
    Likely a huge blow. Unfortunately not much we can do about it. Very unfortunate for him on a personal level.

Noticed that Brighton only managed a draw against Nottingham Forest. If we can conjure a win (think we have about 8 lads missing now...) against West Ham then we could overtake both Brighton and Newcastle as we try to reel sides in.

Tottenham will be playing Man United. If we can handle our own business we gain ground on someone.

Likely a huge blow. Unfortunately not much we can do about it. Very unfortunate for him on a personal level.

Noticed that Brighton only managed a draw against Nottingham Forest. If we can conjure a win (think we have about 8 lads missing now...) against West Ham then we could overtake both Brighton and Newcastle as we try to reel sides in.

Tottenham will be playing Man United. If we can handle our own business we gain ground on someone.
    Yes, need to get the win tonight v West Aaaaaaammmm
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

- 10 points behind Man City (2nd)
    - 10 points behind Tottenham (3rd)
    - 6 points behind Chelsea (4th)
    So it's 4 points off Chelsea now.

Weirdly hoping that Man United can beat Tottenham tonight.

Tottenham play Newcastle this weekend.
    Brighton play Man City.

4th (Chelsea) play 5th (Man United) - beating Nottingham Forest would be all the sweeter if we can do it for being the early kick-off. You're relaxed for the duration of the weekend if we do our business.

Tottenham play Newcastle this weekend.
    Brighton play Man City.

4th (Chelsea) play 5th (Man United) - beating Nottingham Forest would be all the sweeter if we can do it for being the early kick-off. You're relaxed for the duration of the weekend if we do our business.
    Yes, need to get the early doors win v Forest on Saturday
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”