Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The most important 4 weeks of our League season?

Yep relieved about the 3 points this morning, was too disappointed by that shocking second half last night to enjoy it.

How many times before Jurgen arrived did we drop points after a big win in the league ? It seemed to happen all the time. A ugly win is still a win.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Yep relieved about the 3 points this morning, was too disappointed by that shocking second half last night to enjoy it.
    4 more League games to the World Cup.
    2 Champion's League games.
    1 League Cup game.

We have a lot of hard graft in the coming weeks, but there's a lot to play for before the break - not a break for some I know.

3 points or less from Top Four.
    Champion's League knockout qualification.
    Still in the Cup.

If (huge if) we can accomplish all three of those after the tough start and the injuries, we'll have done incredibly well. The "reeling in" in the League and that Ajax fixture being the biggest priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    4 more League games to the World Cup.
    2 Champion's League games.
    1 League Cup game.

We have a lot of hard graft in the coming weeks, but there's a lot to play for before the break - not a break for some I know.

3 points or less from Top Four.
    Champion's League knockout qualification.
    Still in the Cup.

If (huge if) we can accomplish all three of those after the tough start and the injuries, we'll have done incredibly well. The "reeling in" in the League and that Ajax fixture being the biggest priorities.
    Correct im hoping we get the draw we need at Ajax then we can rest players for Napoli.

Hopefully other teams start to pick up annoying muscle injuries it is building up for other teams now I have noticed.

Ajax fixture being the biggest priorities. ?

I don't see why we've pretty much qualified and Ajax aren't the best, who would be when they sell best players every year

Blind's barmy army.

Can't see us losing to them doubt napoli will beat us at home too, as long as we you know show up
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post

I don't see why we've pretty much qualified and Ajax aren't the best, who would be when they sell best players every year

Blind's barmy army.

Can't see us losing to them doubt napoli will beat us at home too, as long as we you know show up
    Its a big game we need to make sure we dont lose the pressure is all on us.

As for Napoli we need to beat them by 4 to top the group provided we both win our next two games I dont see that and its likely to be reserves v reserves.

Im hoping Napoli is a dead rubber then we can save players for Spurs

By hook or by crook...

We just have to get through to the World Cup still in touch. Anything could happen afterwards
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Great to see us put a few results together. Will do wonders for confidence. A result against Ajax will do. The league - we need to stay in touch. Winnable fixtures bar Spurs which will be tough. Hopefully by the time that comes round we're in a more confident mood and finding better form.
    From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend on reading it. Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post

I don't see why we've pretty much qualified and Ajax aren't the best
    Yes, the biggest priority in my opinion.

Winning (or even drawing) that match guarantees us Champion's League knockout football in the next calendar year. The Forest, Leeds, Tottenham and Southampton games don't - nor indeed does the Derby game.

Ajax's qualification hopes (at our expense!) may be slim, but they're still alive. If they did beat us, they'd fancy their chances against Rangers for sure. A positive result against them is massive for us.

4 points from 4th spot.

Just need to keep reeling in the sides above us.

Chelsea play Man United later. A draw in that game would see Chelsea on 21 points - we won't want Man United building too much confidence so a draw (rather than either of them winning) is probably just about the best result we can hope for.

Must win our game.