Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: The most important 4 weeks of our League season?

Looking forward to getting some of our injured players back, hopefully we could have almost a full squad by the end of the World Cup.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Looking forward to getting some of our injured players back, hopefully we could have almost a full squad by the end of the World Cup.
    Let's hope.

Leeds (Anfield)
    Napoli (Anfield)
    Tottenham
    Derby (Anfield)
    Southampton (Anfield)

So good that we have so little travelling to do now prior to the World Cup - just the one trip to London.

This would be an absolutely wonderful time for the Anfield crowd to lift some knackered lads over the line. Just 5 more fixtures to juggle lads. You can do it.

Going well
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Going well
    Back to back league defeats to forest and Leeds. Optimism at a low for the season. Get to the world cup and hope we get everyone back and klopp can sort it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Going well
    I conceded in the OP that my "hopes weren't high" but I am really disappointed that it's going quite this badly.

I had made the thread before the Man City game with the assumption that we could lose to them - us going and beating them certainly gave a bit more hope as we had a small "head-start" on where I thought our points would be at the time.

Losses can happen, but losing to BOTH Forest and Leeds will absolutely kill us later on.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Back to back league defeats to forest and Leeds. Optimism at a low for the season. Get to the world cup and hope we get everyone back and klopp can sort it out.
    Really is such a shame we couldn't have managed to win one of these.

Currently -

8 points off 3rd - could have been 5 away.
    7 points off 4th - could have been 4 away.
    4 points off 5th - could have been 1 away.

Still. That Tottenham result has ensured that while the door is only "ajar" for us right now, it isn't shut just yet. We could have been 13(!!!!!) points behind Tottenham today. That would have been a huge ask going forward.

Needless to say, pretty pointless if we don't beat Southampton. But if we do, we keep the respective gaps on the sides above us to single figures and if we have a reasonable squad after the World Cup, we can potentially continue to climb - brick by brick.

Tomorrow we'll know who our last-16 Champion's League opponents will be as well, which will shape the picture.