Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's happening!!!!!!

It's happening!!!!!!

Don't worry lads,...
    Salvation is at hand...

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4767566/kylian-mbappe-seeks-psg-exit-in-january-amid-broken-relationship-with-club-sources

Our season is saved!!!!!!
    It......er.......he's....coming home.

#Mbappe2023

#IfYouDon'tKnowHowIFeelAboutHowRidiculousThisIsThe nTheJokeIsOnYou
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Maybe we can send 19x over to woo his Mum seeing she's a big Liverpool fan.

Grief… we were never anywhere near him in the first place but the move has never been less likely

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Maybe we can send 19x over to woo his Mum seeing she's a big Liverpool fan.
    I have no doubt that our intrepid Transfer maestro is already on the job, even as we speak.

He's been training all his life*, for just this moment.

(*....in front of a mirror, of course)
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Grief… we were never anywhere near him in the first place but the move has never been less likely
    Consider the fact that before all this, even just to get PSG to listen to any offers, you'd have to stump up 200 mill (his previous contract release clause).

Since then, he's signed a contract extension with them (so you know that release clause is now probably way higher); he's now literally the world's highest earning footballer (only just having supplanted perennial leaderboard usuals, Messi and Ronaldo), and on our side we've only sunk to the lowest point we've ever been since Klopp started here, we're almost dead-set to miss Champions' League places and qualification for next year ( I think the people who believe Europa League is a route are deluding themselves), and for all anyone knows, Klopp himself might not even be here next season.

So yeah, I'd agree it's pretty ridiculous to even fantasize about anyone of his caliber coming here.

We'd be even lucky right now to get in a room with Bellingham's agent, let alone Mbappe's people.

The club that couldn't even be bothered to get their thumbs out of their arses to get a badly needed midfielder in the last transfer window - I mean,.....one who wouldn't break down before a minute spent on the field, that is.....- is going to stump up the money needed to get him?
    Right.

And in case anyone's still confused, I always thought that those interminable 'Mbappe in' chants we used to have to suffer through were beyond embarrassingly cringe-worthy and laughable.
    Maybe this is just my way of rubbing back it in their faces.
    Stone-Cold Savage!

I knew it all along......
    Wish I hadn't kept it a secret now.

But he is a bellend off the pitch and in the dressing room, and even on the pitch too sometimes.

Pure speculation but, straight swap of Virgil for Mbappe, five years no release clause….would you take it?

Still wouldn't get near city that's how far behind we are now
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Pure speculation but, straight swap of Virgil for Mbappe, five years no release clause….would you take it?
    Yeah, it makes sense.

In reality his current wages based on reports are above 800 grand a week.
    It would've been a great transfer had we been able to get him whilst we could speculate about wages around 400kpw.

As they are now, it's upto Madrid to act. I'm not so sure they'll come and resuce him, they didn't take kindly to his psg extension.
    But they do have lots of ffp wiggle room, and moved on some big earners in recent times, not many around with his kind of records.