Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's happening!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    I'd want two midfielders. One "established", one upcoming - i.e. further along their development than Curtis, Harvey and Fabio. I'd sign a right back too. I'd also look for someone to be Salah's replacement. I think despite his form, we are ok at the back with VVD, Matip and Konate for at least a season.

With the new RB, I'd look to move Trent into midfield.

Don't ask me names, I don't follow players as much as I used to.
    Fair play - wasn't too bothered about names, as we don't need them to identify areas where we could improve.

My own would be very similar. Two midfielders (22-26 age bracket) for me, a forward (likely Salah's eventual replacement) so huge overlap - where I'd slightly differ is I'd be looking at centre-back with a view to getting Konate's future partner, if there is a suitable prospect out there at a feasible price. Matip and Van Dijk won't last forever, one is injury-prone and Gomez, while useful for certain jobs, isn't the lad I'd want for 38 League games a season as a potential Konate partner.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    I'd want two midfielders. One "established", one upcoming - i.e. further along their development than Curtis, Harvey and Fabio. I'd sign a right back too. I'd also look for someone to be Salah's replacement. I think despite his form, we are ok at the back with VVD, Matip and Konate for at least a season.

With the new RB, I'd look to move Trent into midfield.

Don't ask me names, I don't follow players as much as I used to.
    Not a bad plan, I'm not a fan of moving defenders into midfield we have considerable evidence from our current midfield it usually doesn't work and it's obvious the player is a defender playing in midfield, Trent was a midfielder for the majority of his youth career and has the passing and crossing skills and understanding of how we play, it would be something I'd have to see trialed in quite a few games successfully to buy into

My main concern would be whether being constantly under pressure from being pressed as he would be starting in midfield as he isn't that clever in that respect when pressed at RB as opposed to arriving in time and space created for him to by Mo and Hendo would see him able to deliver as he does with his passing, switches and crossing in midfield as he does arriving in space
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”