Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's happening!!!!!!

Swap for Keita and Oxlade-Chamberlain.
    No worries.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

MBappe If Ward hadn't been fucking about battering his eyelids at MBappe in the summer and had moved strongly to push an early deal through for Tchouameni while Real were we wouldn't be in the mess we are
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    But he is a bellend off the pitch and in the dressing room, and even on the pitch too sometimes.
    This is part of what always boggled my mind about the 'Mbappe in' crowd.

Did they not ever see how much of a diva he was and (still) is?
    How did they ever figure that he'd fit in with the culture of a Klopp dressing room, much less a club with Liverpool's history and tradition?

Some of the same folks might have thought that Mo was being a bit of a diva with his whole 'contract extension' drama last year, along with that bellend of an agent of his.
    Well, them two are amateur hour compared to Mbappe and his family.

He forced PSG to agree to change how they play on the pitch just to accommodate what he prefers (which, obviously was never going to work for them in a team that has a vastly more talented (even at his age) Messi and Neymar.
    He also insisted on having a say on who they could bring in in transfers and practically hand-picked their present manager himself along with their current director of football.

How the fuck would that ever fly with anyone here?

Imagine him waking up one day and deciding he didn't want to play for Klopp anymore and that instead his mate should manage the club.

Imagine also being in the same club as a Neymar, yet YOU are the diva with the out of control ego, and somehow you're making him look like a team player.

Fuck that shite.

The Real Madrid's, and PSG's and City's of the world are built for that kind of nonsense.
    We aren't.

And thank fuck for that!
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    No worries.
    Okay, I think I'm coming around to this whole Mbappe movement.

I think you've actually changed my mind.

Where can I buy my 'Mbappe2023' T-shirt?
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    No worries.
    Hahahaha - imagine a World where that was possible!

In such circumstances I'd put up with Mbappe's "big I am" routine for a couple of years so we could sell him to Paris Saint Ger......ah shit......sell him to Real Madrid for an extortionate fees and re-invest in our side.

Maybe Man City can "afford" him now that they sold a few lads. Then Man United would be "prompted" into buying Neymar and we'd have even more media garbage to read to help us fall asleep.

Mbappe to Madrid
    Salah to PSG

Salah transfer fee spent on 4 players.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Well he shouldn't have been a greedy twat and re-signed for PSG then. With the wages he is earning he is stuck there now as no one is going to pay some crazy amount like 200 million on him

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Mbappe to Madrid
    Salah to PSG

Salah transfer fee spent on 4 players.
    Hard to envisage a huge fee for Salah given the decline in his goal-scoring output this Calendar year, however in the almighty "if" of that hypothetical I think a fair number of our fans would be up for that as we have a number of positions that could do with upgrades.

Just for the fun of it - don't necessarily want names, but what positions/roles would your 4 incoming lads be vin?

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Well he shouldn't have been a greedy twat and re-signed for PSG then. With the wages he is earning he is stuck there now as no one is going to pay some crazy amount like 200 million on him
    Don't be so hasty.

I'm sure the Glazers could dig up a couple of quid from under the sofa.

Especially if their form on the field were to take a nosedive and they reverted to the Mancs of old (well,.....recent times), and they needed to make the fans forget.
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Hard to envisage a huge fee for Salah given the decline in his goal-scoring output this Calendar year, however in the almighty "if" of that hypothetical I think a fair number of our fans would be up for that as we have a number of positions that could do with upgrades.

Just for the fun of it - don't necessarily want names, but what positions/roles would your 4 incoming lads be vin?
    I'd want two midfielders. One "established", one upcoming - i.e. further along their development than Curtis, Harvey and Fabio. I'd sign a right back too. I'd also look for someone to be Salah's replacement. I think despite his form, we are ok at the back with VVD, Matip and Konate for at least a season.

With the new RB, I'd look to move Trent into midfield.

Don't ask me names, I don't follow players as much as I used to.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"