Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man City

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    We really need to try to tighten things up. Not our strong point. If we play our normal open game, we’ll highly likely get torn apart. There’s no shame in having a cagey game against city. A dodgy 1-0 would suit me just fine.
    If we do win it will be absolutely bloody brilliant - we're potentially projected to be 13 points behind Spurs and 9 behind Chelsea by the end of the Man City match.

If we are sitting at 10 and 6 respectively with 4 of the following 5 League matches to come being against sides in the bottom half - with 3 of those 4 games at Anfield - the belief that we can claw things back might really kick in.

I've mentally prepped myself for a loss so anything other than that will be a thoroughly enjoyable bonus.

I'm actually looking forward now to going to the game. That 2nd half gives me hope.

Anything could happen. We are at home where we can take down anyone. ANYONE

Obviously the form City are in makes them favourites but it’s at Anfield… I think you are gonna have a wild time.

That’s a tough team to pick now isn’t it. I thought carvalho was excellent tonight. Understated but picked the lock several times.

Totally agree on Carvalho. It was actually him holding the ball on the edge of their box, Making intelligent runs, creating chances to shoot that I believe got us into the game and stopped Rangers from getting up a head of steam. Our general passing - and it was almost every player - was poor until he started to show that impetus and quality on the ball.

That in turn got Bobby into his game… then we started to worry them.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Totally agree on Carvalho. It was actually him holding the ball on the edge of their box, Making intelligent runs, creating chances to shoot that I believe got us into the game and stopped Rangers from getting up a head of steam. Our general passing - and it was almost every player - was poor until he started to show that impetus and quality on the ball.

That in turn got Bobby into his game… then we started to worry them.
    Played the pass to Bobby for nunez goal and I think to salah for Elliot’s goal. Definitely has that touch of something different about him. Could have a player there once he gains experience and a bit of strength. Elliot was good too. More like the player we first saw

Think 19’s bob on.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    That’s a tough team to pick now isn’t it. I thought carvalho was excellent tonight. Understated but picked the lock several times.
    Really looks promising doesn't he!

Not all of the younger / less expensive signings will pay off, but early doors he is looking like someone who can contribute - already nabbed us a winner this season against Newcastle and who knows, might have another in his locker at some stage.

19s team. No messing, strongest 11 available.

Do we think Jurgen has the brass balls to play 4-2-4 vs City? I didn't think he would do it against Arsenal...

So if we're going 4-2-4

Alisson
    Gomez - Konate - VVD - Robbo (if fuly fit)
    Thiago - Fab
    Elliott - Salah - Firmino - Jota

If we go back to 4-3-3

Alisson
    Gomez - Konate - VVD - Robbo (if fuly fit)
    Henderson - Fab- Thiago
    Salah - Firmino - Jota
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side