Trent will be back in at RB then.

Allison
    TTA - Gomez - VVD - Tsmikas
    Elliott - Hendo - Fab - Carvalho
    Salah - Nunez
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    I don't think Trent has the athleticism or engine to play in midfield
    Playing on the right in our current setup he looks like a far better option than Elliot to me.

Has a better eye for a quality pass, Elliot struggled to release Salah from his midfield position.
    Gets his shots off too and has a solid right foot.

Trent as bad as he's been still gets a few tackles and assists. Elliot for me struggles to impact the game with tackles and assists.

Would be interesting to see who wins in a sprint, my money is on Trent. Elliot runs a lot, but Carvalho seems to have a higher sprint speed too. Maybe Elliot lost a bit of pace with his injury

Elliott has better ball control and is far far quicker upstairs. Watch us break on City. Instant control, trot into space and quality short pass allowing the counters to be so much trouble for City.. It was a feature on Sunday evening. Elliott has plenty of flaws and his technique isn't at the top end yet, but he is ahead in that regard - that's why the kid was picked to start and Hendo warmed the bench. Klopp Knows what he wants. Elliott gets back to where he was pre injury and he starts most games.

Trent is a superb Right back WHEN he is focussed. Defending not the best BUT he can make up for it with his delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Elliott has better ball control and is far far quicker upstairs. Watch us break on City. Instant control, trot into space and quality short pass allowing the counters to be so much trouble for City.. It was a feature on Sunday evening. Elliott has plenty of flaws and his technique isn't at the top end yet, but he is ahead in that regard - that's why the kid was picked to start and Hendo warmed the bench. Klopp Knows what he wants. Elliott gets back to where he was pre injury and he starts most games.

Trent is a superb Right back WHEN he is focussed. Defending not the best BUT he can make up for it with his delivery.
    For me, he had 2 chances to play Salah away down the right and ballsed up both. Trent gets them right regularly.
    He had the chance to square to Salah in a 2v1 on the edge of their box and central, he runs with it briefly to shoot and is turned over. Poor outcome.
    In terms of off the ball his positioning was better but he's not up to the speed of the game, and doesn't get a tackle or intercept in.
    Trent in shoot or pass situations seems much faster in his mental processing.

With Trent very early on, I could see he had qualities to succeed. With Elliot he seems to have a reasonable skillset but so far he hasn't produced enough for me to suggest he will succeed. As you say he is young, so he's got time to develop and get up to the speed of the game. Just not sure he's going to make it longer term.
    In the brief flashes I've seen, I'd suggest Carvalho is more likely to make it here. I'd even have Jones ahead of Elliot though his game has gone off a cliff not being available.

I like the current setup, and have advocated for us to play a system where we aren't starting all 3 of our senior options for midfield. Elliot will get more chances, Klopps a big fan.

Elliot is good when we are dominating possession around the opposition box.
    He's nimble and quick footed, makes decent short passes and runs into small spaces.

He has his uses in some Games and periods, but in general I dont feel he's a startera. I also feel trent at right mid would be a better option and you could always put him at Rb and Elliot on if we need to attack more.

I think Gomez at Rb and trent at rm is worth a try if we ever play a real 442

Lets say

Nunez salah
    Diaz thiago hendo trent
    Robbo vvd Konate gomez

Looks like Diogo is done for the next few months.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Looks like Diogo is done for the next few months.
    Yup. Gutted for the lad. He'll definitely miss the World Cup. Hopefully, we might get him back early in the New Year, or alternatively spend some money in January.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Elliott has better ball control and is far far quicker upstairs. Watch us break on City. Instant control, trot into space and quality short pass allowing the counters to be so much trouble for City.
    City caused their own troubles by changing their system to 3 at the back, they were all over the place defensively almost every time we tried to go forward and NOT because of anything we were doing, they highlighted it conclusively on MOTD2, their defence was awful, thank God for Guardiola's overthinking If we'd have one player in that midfield who could play a quality medium to longer ball to release the player they left wide open when it was on, we could have scored 4 or 5
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    City caused their own troubles by changing their system to 3 at the back, they were all over the place defensively almost every time we tried to go forward and NOT because of anything we were doing, they highlighted it conclusively on MOTD2, their defence was awful, thank God for Guardiola's overthinking If we'd have one player in that midfield who could play a quality medium to longer ball to release the player they left wide open when it was on, we could have scored 4 or 5
    In fairness we could maybe should have got 4 goals.

We created three what I would call great chances against a top side.

Pep has a habit of doing odd things in big games it backfired on him they had most of the ball but didnt create lots.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Yup. Gutted for the lad. He'll definitely miss the World Cup. Hopefully, we might get him back early in the New Year, or alternatively spend some money in January.
    What is going on? Everyone is injured. Do we have a new medical staff or something?