Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131617181920212223

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v West Ham

At this stage - just having a couple of options who we might get 5 games out of each before their next injury could be a blessing.

This is what it's come to...
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by Red October View Post
    Would be interesting to try. Trouble is do we even have 3 fit CBs right now? I would be curious to see Klopp try some new formations. What about Trent on the wing. Salah on bench? Might seem like madness with our highest paid player. I think if we could throw Trent in as another curve-ball it would give defences something else to worry about together with Nunez who's already starting to cause them problems. Love to see a bit more ingenuity from Klopp in that regard.
    I think as long as we have two fit you could even wack millie in there ....but no matter what ..it actually magives us more defenders and frees up our best attacking threat

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Whisper it quietly, but apparently Keita is back in training.
    When it comes to the likes of Keita and Ox it would be so bloody useful if they could even manage 3-6 appearances each before they leave.

That would be 6-12 combined appearances, appearances where other lads can get valuable instances of finishing a match 15-30 minutes early or whatever.

Beyond that, their replacements need to have reasonable injury records. It's such a strain on our other mids that these two are so often unavailable for selection. I appreciate they didn't ask for injuries or to be injury-prone, but still!

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Whos Keith? New signing?
    Arthur's mate.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    When it comes to the likes of Keita and Ox it would be so bloody useful if they could even manage 3-6 appearances each before they leave.

That would be 6-12 combined appearances, appearances where other lads can get valuable instances of finishing a match 15-30 minutes early or whatever.

Beyond that, their replacements need to have reasonable injury records. It's such a strain on our other mids that these two are so often unavailable for selection. I appreciate they didn't ask for injuries or to be injury-prone, but still!
    With Diaz and Jota both out, Ox is surely a left attacking mid/LFWD option when available, he has been our best player in that role in place of Mane in the games he played, making the same runs and movements Mane made to keep our team dynamic and weighing in with goals and assists when given starts there, at a better ratio than any other player 'tried out' there

He also give us an option for RFWD/Attacking right mid

Not sure we'll see 433 again this season unless we get a quality midfielder in during January, even then we might stick with the 4231/4222/4312 as they aren't as reliant on the press and counter press

Going to be a long haul trying to ever get the press and counter press back to or better than where it was at its best after so long attempting to play it with at least 2 players who don't have the necessary mental ability to
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    would it work to make him and robbo a wingbacks ...with three at the back?
    Exactly what I meant to say...lolol
    https://anfieldindex.com/52765/does-jurgen-need-to-switch-to-a-3-4-3-formation.html

Agree with this idea. Could be tried when we play our league cup game next week perhaps.
    Shame Jürgen is unlikely to try it.
    It's also very dependant on having central defenders available.
    Seems we might now have the personnel available, following all the injuries.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Surely not, last night showed pretty comprehensively switching from 433 because he fucked things up as much as anything else by persisting with Elliott was a major error
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”