Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your team v Nottingham Forest

Dear fucking God, we HAVE to get rid of whoever in our backroom staff is causing all these injuries, just sack the cunt, this is fucking ridiculous, I have never seen anything anywhere like this level and these numbers of injured players at any club in my entire time watching football, someone has to go

Let's hope we have enough for the win here today, with a very patched up team

Alisson

Milner Gomez Van Dijk Robertson

Fabinho Jones

Salah Carvalho Elliott

Firmino
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Who is running out fitness department? It’s a revolving door. Every game a new player of 2 added. We are used to Thiago but Nunez too. FFS! The guy is young and he has hardly played? What are they doing in training?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Who is running out fitness department? It’s a revolving door. Every game a new player of 2 added. We are used to Thiago but Nunez too. FFS! The guy is young and he has hardly played? What are they doing in training?
    They won't be doing much in training due to the number of games. It would mostly be recovery and light sessions, I would guess. But serious questions need asking about the fitness/medical department. Wasn't there a clear out of physios and doctors back in 2020? Is there any correlation to that and all the injuries?

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    They won't be doing much in training due to the number of games. It would mostly be recovery and light sessions, I would guess. But serious questions need asking about the fitness/medical department. Wasn't there a clear out of physios and doctors back in 2020? Is there any correlation to that and all the injuries?
    it's very worrying

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Ever since that Chris Morgan joined he was at Arsenal before so I read.

Its a complete mess I mean not all of it can be put on him of course but something in pre season has gone very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Ever since that Chris Morgan joined he was at Arsenal before so I read.

Its a complete mess I mean not all of it can be put on him of course but something in pre season has gone very wrong.
    Having such a fixture packed unnecessarily hectic pre-season with a shorter break following a season in which we played every game available to us was a big factor, that was absolutely fucking stupid in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Having such a fixture packed unnecessarily hectic pre-season with a shorter break following a season in which we played every game available to us was a big factor, that was absolutely fucking stupid in my opinion
    I always question these mini preseason affairs in far off and hot and dry lands but often against our PL opponents. We seem to pick up an awful lot of niggling and persistent injuries there.
    OK it is money spinning but at what cost?
    Better imo to warm up for preseason closer to home and our climate and pitches

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    I always question these mini preseason affairs in far off and hot and dry lands but often against our PL opponents. We seem to pick up an awful lot of niggling and persistent injuries there.
    OK it is money spinning but at what cost?
    Better imo to warm up for preseason closer to home and our climate and pitches
    I just think it was the amount of games and Jurgen trying to cram as many in on top of FSG's money spinners, close season is a time to let muscles, sinews and tendon relax a little and have some time off from playing games every 2-4 days

A fair bit of it is on Jurgen, he was insistent on those extra pre-season games, the games HE wanted to play, all managers at top clubs have to accept they're going to be subject to part of their pre-season being taken up by exercises their owners want for financial reasons, that in the managers opinion aren't exactly ideal and that trying to cram in the games you wanted to play as well isn't very clever