Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truss to resign today

Truss to resign today

Announcement expected at 13:30.
    Who's next up?

Commical! surely one of the shortest as PM??

well deserved though

what a joke this goverment / country is
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Too many of that Tory party are trying to further their own interests rather than the interests of the people

Welcome back Boris

It would be funny if it wasn't the fact that everything is maybe going to be a lot more expensive for everyone for years to come as a result of LT and KK trying to complete their college project.

That whole leadership election circus took all effin summer and lasted longer than her premiership.

Now they reckon they can choose another one by the end of next week.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    It would be funny if it wasn't the fact that everything is maybe going to be a lot more expensive for everyone for years to come as a result of LT and KK trying to complete their college project.
    It is going to be a lot more expensive for everyone because they're effectively paying for NATO and the arms trade interfering in the conflict in Ukraine

Next after that is our Govs failure to cap energy prices at the 4% price hike a lot of other European nations did, some telling them they had to take the hit after years of excessive profit making, rather than handing over billions of taxpayers money to them, which is what actually caused the deficit and a massive hole in any proposed budget, including Sunak's existing one

Then Truss cuts taxes when everyone but the usual suspect right wing rags who were backing her because she was white British says cutting taxes was a catastrophic idea, but her and Khasi knew that, as did the rest of her party and their donors, it was quite deliberate, as were the Brexit announcements, the timing of them and their content, deliberate acts to crash sterling for their bankers buddies and donors to make millions betting against sterling
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    what a joke this goverment / country is
    It has been for decades, a friend of my brother's is and always has been a Tory boy and he has finally cottoned on they've been fiddling the inflation registers having taken a look at what they selectively select for the basket to fiddle it on my advice and he has been absolutely despairing having been watching world news channels outside of the US and UK ones on my advice to find to his horror that we have become a complete laughing stock and non entity on the world stage as I insisted was the case

Vote for clowns every election and you get a circus

I'm hearing Truss can claim up to £115,000 per year just for being an ex-PM, as well as lifetime police protection.

Changing prime ministers, like changing football managers, is an expensive game

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    I'm hearing Truss can claim up to £115,000 per year just for being an ex-PM, as well as lifetime police protection.

Changing prime ministers, like changing football managers, is an expensive game
    Yeah, whoever gets elected next needs to have it in their mandate to stop that practice, including ceasing payments to Blair, Brown, Cameron, May and Johnson

Cabinet minister can also claim their full ministers salary until the end of the Parliamentary term, whether they've been sacked or resigned, so we're currently paying 3 salaries for most ministerial positions which will soon be four for some positions, some of them are currently claiming 2 salaries for different ministerial positions until the end of the Parliamentary term and not doing either job