Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Leeds

Your team v Leeds

What a welcome tonic that was against Ajax. The knock-out stages of 22/23 reached. We'll want to be in the Tournament in 23/24 so need to keep the likes of Chelsea, Newcastle etc within touching distance prior to the World Cup break.

.........................Alisson

Trent.......Gomez.......Van Dijk.....Robertson

.............Henderson......Fabinho

Salah.............Firmino......Carvalho

......................Núñez

I'd love Thiago to be fit of course but am assuming it takes time. Ear infections can massively throw your balance. Fingers crossed Hendo is "just" a knock.

Nice having options like Konate and Ox drifting back into contention too for the bench - or even starts if they take your fancy.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Henderson Thiago

Salah Firmino Elliott

Nunez
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Is Keita not available now too? An extra midfielder very welcome in the current circumstances.

Thiago won’t be fit, he’ll have a sodding mouth ulcer 6 hours before KO just as there’s a shortage of Bon-bloody-jela

We really should be beating Leeds at home. They're brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    We really should be beating Leeds at home. They're brutal.
    Forest are brutal too....but yeah, one would hope.

Will likely be a tougher game. Ajax played open enough for us to exploit space, whereas we often struggle to "lock-pick" against the packed defensive set-ups.

Carvalho can be utilised for that - just needs a little patience and to be fed the ball a little more. He would have broken through had he stayed on at Forrest I am sure.

Just start our best fit 11 and worry about the next game after.

Yep. There should be a week's rest for the lads after Leeds with qualification in Europe now sealed. However after the debacle that saw Jota injured against Midtjylland a couple of years ago I'm not so sure...

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Yep. There should be a week's rest for the lads after Leeds with qualification in Europe now sealed. However after the debacle that saw Jota injured against Midtjylland a couple of years ago I'm not so sure...
    I'm crossing fingers and toes that between our desire to focus on sorting out our League form and Napoli's desire to remain competitive for a Serie A challenge that we get an incident-free, injury-free "meh" match between two rotated sides.

It's not a match we're particularly likely to win by the margin required to top the group, not a match that we really need to win given that we're qualified and the prize for winning that stand-alone game is roughly £2.4m which isn't worth jeopardising anybody for.