Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 World Cup

Lol…

The Prime Minister and the Amir also had a wide-ranging discussion on geopolitical issues. They were united in their condemnation of Russia’s aggression in Ukraine and discussed issues of regional security, including relations with Iran.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson said:

Today’s announcement of up to £10bn in new investment from our Qatari friends is another vote of confidence in the UK’s brilliant businesses and cutting-edge industry. The new UK-Qatar Strategic Investment Partnership will create quality job opportunities across the country in key sectors, delivering on our vision of economic growth through trade and investment.

Qatar is a valued partner for the UK, supported by Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad’s leadership. We had a rich discussion on the issues that matter to both of our countries, including boosting the economy, ensuring regional stability and improving energy security following Russia’s appalling invasion of Ukraine.

Teehee…

UK-Qatar trade was worth £4.8 billion last year and Qatari investment in the UK economy is already estimated to be worth over £40 billion, supporting jobs and growth across the country.

I wonder how many will boycott their gas too

Business Secretary Kwasi Kwarteng also signed an MoU on energy cooperation with Qatar’s Minister of State for Energy Affairs at Downing Street. Qatar is a major energy supplier for the UK, providing 40% of our liquefied natural gas – the new MoU commits us to work together to boost innovation and collaboration, supporting the security of global energy supplies.

And one assumes these ‘folk’ will happily watch a WC hosted by the US (their second since 1994) despite over 2,000,000 dead in their illegal war since 2003 - Guantanamo - their continued use of torture and rendition - and… the fact that their second biggest foreign military sales partner is……

Wait for it…

Qatar.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1282413

Qatar is already the U.S.'s second-largest foreign military sales partner, with more than $26 billion in active cases. The U.S. sells Qatar Patriot long-range missile defense systems, the F-15QA fighter aircraft — the most advanced F-15 in the U.S. inventory — and AH-64E Apache attack helicopters.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Hope you enjoy it!
    Don't think about all the corruption that has led to Qatar hosting it.
    Don't worry about the human rights abuses in the country.
    Don't give any thought to the attitudes to LGBT+ the hosts have.
    Enjoy the football.
    If you really gave a shit about any of that you’d watch no premier league or pretty much any top level sport at all. Golf and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    If you really gave a shit about any of that you’d watch no premier league or pretty much any top level sport at all. Golf and the like.
    I have selective righteousness!

^That’s the human condition - right there - in one sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Hope you enjoy it!
    Don't think about all the corruption that has led to Qatar hosting it.
    Don't worry about the human rights abuses in the country.
    Don't give any thought to the attitudes to LGBT+ the hosts have.
    Enjoy the football.
    Dear Redebreck,
    I have not noticed your LGBT support before but acknowledged now.
    And where do you get your petrol from?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Dear Redebreck,
    I have not noticed your LGBT support before but acknowledged now.
    And where do you get your petrol from?
    Possibly the support from alot of people is a direct result of the pathetic bombardment whether in the daily rags or the tv who devote almost all their attention daily in trying to program people to their way of thinking.After spending the last 3 1/2 weeks over there it became so annoying reading or watching the same repetitve shyte daily, along with the Stop Oil protesters who have the freedom of the country to do whatever,whenever they like to disrupt without any interference from the Cops.Some cops were actually giving them water and defending them from the public.
    People are free to make their own minds up how they view things in Qatar without this constant pressure from the media outlets.And if homosexuals don't like it don't go, their laws were set many ions ago as in accordance with the Muslim religion.These protests ain't going to change anything.
    Thank God the establishments i frequented (pubs and social clubs) most spoke their minds and it was obvious to me the Media hadn't managed to program them,which made for alot of enjoyable nights out,plus i got to watch all the games prior to the break on the big screens.
    Although the Media outlets,the press,sky sports, bbc and Gary Neville to name some, came out fighting against Infantino's speech,like him or hate him he was right on point....(jmo)
    Perhaps the powers that be in the UK should grow some balls and get their own laws in order before worrying about other countries,especially where protesters are concerned,especially Stop Oil protesters.

Overall, i had a really good time whilst there just wish i could of got to a game,maybe next time !
    Last edited by fagin; 21st November 2022 at 05:15 AM.