Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Convo from a supporter's group (on a another platform)

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    If net spend is above zero, it means the club is spending on transfer fees what it could be spending on wages. Unless dividends are being taken. In our case, they aren't.

Don't understand why people still can't understand this simple fact.
    Explain this to me

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Explain this to me
    A club has a balance sheet. It has income and expenditure. If our income is x and we spend x minus y million pounds in a year on costs (which are mainly footballers wages), then we have the option to spend y on "net spend", increase wages (as in the case of Salah) or spend more than y by going into debt.

Other clubs find ways of getting around this - for example Abramovic's one billion pound 'loan' to Chelsea - otherwise this is the constraint. Wages and Net spend. they can't be seen in isolation, which is what the average football fan wants to do.

Even in our case fans like to omit the fee on Diaz in this summer's net spend as it suits the complaint.

If rumours are to be believed, we were intending to spend big on Tchoumeni last summer but couldn't. One would assume we have that spend burning a hole in the pocket for someone else - presumably there is some anxiety at the club that their planning hasn't worked well this season and one wonders if they have contemplated going into debt to bring forward their future plans.

But the wages of somone like Tchoumeni would be a part of the calculation of what we can afford, not just his transfer fee. Only considering one aspect of the spend is, frankly, retarded. Have you seen the spend on Haaland's wages? It can only be that the agent was so bowled over by them that his low transfer fee was forced upon the club in some way.

"What we can afford" heres me thinking we are one of the richest clubs on the planet
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I don't believe you Taskin

We're 7th on the World highest earning clubs list - There are regularly 14 or more clubs whose net spend is far greater than ours - Are you saying all these other clubs are cheating or circumventing FFP?

Are you saying that despite turning over 613m a season, we can only afford 24m net spend a season?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

A club has a balance sheet. It has income and expenditure. If our income is x and we spend x minus y million pounds in a year on costs (which are mainly footballers wages), then we have the option to spend y on "net spend", increase wages (as in the case of Salah) or spend more than y by going into debt.

Other clubs find ways of getting around this - for example Abramovic's one billion pound 'loan' to Chelsea - otherwise this is the constraint. Wages and Net spend. they can't be seen in isolation, which is what the average football fan wants to do.

Even in our case fans like to omit the fee on Diaz in this summer's net spend as it suits the complaint.

If rumours are to be believed, we were intending to spend big on Tchoumeni last summer but couldn't. One would assume we have that spend burning a hole in the pocket for someone else - presumably there is some anxiety at the club that their planning hasn't worked well this season and one wonders if they have contemplated going into debt to bring forward their future plans.

But the wages of somone like Tchoumeni would be a part of the calculation of what we can afford, not just his transfer fee. Only considering one aspect of the spend is, frankly, retarded. Have you seen the spend on Haaland's wages? It can only be that the agent was so bowled over by them that his low transfer fee was forced upon the club in some way.
    Suppose it depends whether we view going into debt as bad or not. You’d be thinking our revenue would have increased by more that’s the increase in wages over recent seasons but I’m no expert in these areas. I do think we seem stingy at times but then if we’d got touchsmeni it’d be hard to argue that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post

We're 7th on the World highest earning clubs list - There are regularly 14 or more clubs whose net spend is far greater than ours - Are you saying all these other clubs are cheating or circumventing FFP?
    I don't think he is suggesting that they will ALL be circumventing FFP.

What some will do (risk v reward) is adding more to their debt. Also some clubs are spending in an attempt to get back into the Top Four, which we don't need to do as of yet - though we may do soon given how this season is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post

Are you saying that despite turning over 613m a season, we can only afford 24m net spend a season?
    I don't think there's anything I've said that can't be believed. My statement is fairly neutral

I don't know what we can afford. Presumably your 24m figure excludes the Diaz fee and definitely excludes the rumoured Tchoumeni fee. So its a number that can be plucked out of the air but it's not a very sophisticated number. And again, it ignores our spend on wages, including the Salah increase, for example.

As for other clubs, they have to be taken on a case by case basis. Barcelona earn and spend more than us and they are in a desperate situation as far as I can see.

If net spend is above zero, it means the club is spending on transfer fees what it could be spending on wages. Unless dividends are being taken. In our case, they aren't.

Don't understand why people still can't understand this simple fact.
    Dividends taken - would this include whatever John Henry is reportedly pocketing?
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Finally people are waking up

Point #4 is what i've been saying for ages
    Last edited by Kev0909; 29th October 2022 at 08:50 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Dividends taken - would this include whatever John Henry is reportedly pocketing?
    Yes. Which appears to be zero if the information we have is correct. Whereas the Gkazers took out I think £180m last season