Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Convo from a supporter's group (on a another platform)

Henry

2009 Henry’s highest net worth pre Liverpool buy.

“Henry's personal wealth has, however, taken a hit during the global recession. After this was estimated at $1.1 billion (£691m) in 2009, he failed to make this year's Forbes rich list which documents the world's billionaires.”

So less than $1 billion which means around £600 million at the time. All that Red Sox money flooding in

This was his highest net worth before buying Liverpool FC for £300 million, in 2010.

Some estimates put Liverpool FC’s true value in 2010 at £600 million, but to force a swift sale the price was massively reduced (for one buyer at least ) and went “for a steal” to use the infamous words of Henry.

Just to be clear… Henry managed to increase his net worth by £1 billion this last year alone. That’s almost 2x more wealth than he held pre Liverpool FC, in a single calendar year!!

But he isn’t making any money from Liverpool FC

He is now worth about the same as Liverpool FC at around £3.8 billion

Strange as he was worth about the same (real value) as us back in 2010 wink wink

Is there a billionaire who’s net worth hasn’t sky rocketed in the last 5 or 6 years particularly. They’ve literally had governments purposely create the conditions for it up to now especially in the west at the cost of everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Is there a billionaire who’s net worth hasn’t sky rocketed in the last 5 or 6 years particularly. They’ve literally had governments purposely create the conditions for it up to now especially in the west at the cost of everyone else.
    In the pandemic era, they've made a killing. Can't remember the stat but pharma has made a bomb out of the pandemic. Finding new ways to help people, and create life long depemdenat customers like with transgenders, a booming market.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Not unless they were extremely unlucky. The great inflationary period suits anyone with any assets. Just look around you at anyone who owns a house for example.

One calculation that Steveo is not interested in making is the added value that FSG have brought to LFC. He uses it as a stick to beat them with but that is the measure of what they have actually achieved. They could just stick their money in the stock market and watch it increase hugely over the same time period but what they have done here is far more sophisticated than that. They have vastly increased the competitiveness of the club by changing the strategy and culture, by bringing in their own expertise. The Arabs have bought that expertise but that was the project for FSG - use their expertise to create added value. Their strategy was not to be absentee landlords or leeches - that was the strategy of, for example, Mike Ashley (who, ironically, satisfies Steveo's criteria for the ideal owner - a local lad who loves football... *swoon*)

Steveo just said he doesn't want the owners to run the club in a sustainable manner. Finally, he is saying something real. Well, I do. Think that's our only hope in the long term. And if you think the debt model can't come a cropper, you haven't been studying economics very widely. I've just learned that the USA taxpayer now pays 800 billion dollars a year to service its debt. That won't go on for much longer. The only institutions that can survive the resultant extreme volatility are those that have been run sustainably. Look out Chelsea, Tottenham and Man U.

Saviours…?

BOLLOX!!

From 2010 and NESV takeover!

Court transcript excerpts from the ongoing legal battle of*MILL FINANCIAL, LLC vs. JR,;GILLETT, GEORGE N, which relates*to the sale of Liverpool Football Club to Fenway Sports Group*(formerly NESV) in 2010, show*that FSG’s John Henry wasn’t keen on the idea of buying the Reds but*he soon realised that*FSG*would be “stealing” the club if they could buy it so cheap.

In a number of emails exchanged by FSG’s top brass in 2010, snippets from Henry include: “I was not in favor of this deal prior to the meeting. I’m still not in favor. However, I am*interested now in trying to ascertain if this is indeed a major opportunity that would*indeed diversify and strengthen NESV.”
    In another email Henry states: “I don’t want to say this beyond this small group, but if we could acquire this (Liverpool Football Club) for the debt, I really feel like we would be stealing this franchise.”

Commenting in relation to building a new stadium, he said:*“If you go through all of the pictures and virtual tour of the stadium, I don’t see a need to move out yet … it could be reconfigured to add premium seating probably and losing some seats to that might make sense, but the real money here is internationally including the website.”
    “This could be a steal,” added Henry. “Every buyer believes what potential Red Sox buyers believed — you have to build a new stadium. And they believe the stadium will cost more than 350m pounds – $500mm!”
    Other bidders for the club at the time claim they were frozen out of talks or ignored.

Billionaire Peter Lim, who later went on to buy La Liga outfit Valencia, said at the time: “I have tried to engage constructively with the board and RBS based on an offer, funded from my existing resources, providing greater value for Liverpool Football Club, more cash for players, full repayment of all bank debts and a long-term personal commitment to build a better future for the club and its supporters.

“The board and RBS have chosen not to respond or to discuss my offer with me. My representatives even offered to meet the board last night. This was ignored, although NESV was invited to attend that meeting.
    “It has become clear to me that the board is intent on selling the club to NESV to the exclusion of all other parties, regardless of the merits of their bids.

“In these circumstances, I am not able to proceed with my intention to acquire the club. If current events cause the circumstances to change, my interest in acquiring the club remains.
    “I would, however, extend my very best wishes to Liverpool Football Club, the staff and players, and the fans, who really deserve better than this.
    “I hope the club now moves towards realising its potential and achieves success on the pitch.”
    Court statements*seem to back up Lim’s claims that others were also obstructed when trying to discuss a potential purchase.

The following communication with*Ron Devine of*Mill Financial who also tried to buy the club is an example a number of bidders who expressed frustration during the bidding process.
Sent: Tuesday, October 5, 2010 9:30 AM (GMT)
To: Ron Devine
Cc: Scott Gunderson ; Rylko, Kristin M.
    Subject: REFO0I 7727 Liverpool
    Ron,
    You may have seen the reply from Nigel Boardman of Slaughter & May (acting*for Liverpool FC’s sale). I promptly called Nigel and had a very frustrating discussion.

His basic message was that if my client wanted to have a proposal to*purchase Kop considered by the Board, the proposal had to be submitted*today.
    I asked why a proposal was necessary today when you were meeting with*Martin Broughton on Thursday. His response was “Mr. Broughton’s plans*change.”

I pointed out that it was difficult to put together a proposal at 4 in*the morning when my client was asleep. His response was that he was not*responsible for my client’s nocturnal habits and, in any event, Barclays*had made it clear to you that you needed to send in a proposal today.
    The board meeting is scheduled for 3:30 London time.

Perhaps this is all a bluff, or perhaps another proposal is on the table*for consideration. In any event, I will not leave the office until I hear from you (but you may have to call a few times before the phone*wakes me up).
    Rob
Robert C. Baptista Jr.
Mayer Brown LLP

A letter sent on behalf of another bidder by email to Slaughter & May, that is filed amongst thousands of pages of court documents, also claimed of problems reaching*Broughton and Co.:
    ‘As you know we act for Menton incubator Ltd (“Menton”) and Mr Peter Lim.*Our clients’ wish is to engage constructively with yours in the sale process and that their bid be fairly and*properly considered. If that does not happen, then it is right that your clients are aware of our clients’*position and the strength of their views.*Our clients are disappointed that there has been no response to the letter written on their behalf by Wong*Partnership LLP dated 10 October 2010.’

Here’s some snippets from a statement taken from*Ronald Devine (Mill Financial) from last year on 29th October 2015 for the ongoing case:
    9. In connection with Mill’s September 24, 2010 letter of intent (“LOI”) to purchase*LFC, I requested exclusivity and confidentiality as just a few bargaining positions. I requested*that the LOI not be shared with anyone other than RBS and the Chairman of LFC, Martin*Broughton, because I was concerned about leaks to the media, which had occurred with prior*LFC bidders. Ultimately, I did not pursue exclusivity.
    10. While Mill did not begin due diligence until the latter stages of the LFC sales*process, Mill had been kept apprised of the financials of LFC and related matters as a lender to*Gillett Football, LLC, Mr. Gillett’s affiliate. As such, Mill already had access to much of the*diligence material that potential bidders with no relationship to LFC did not have access to.
    11. After I submitted the LOI to Mr. Broughton, we confirmed an in-person meeting*in the Washington, D.C. area for October 8, 2010. That meeting never occurred. No one*contacted me, including Mr. Broughton, to cancel that meeting.
    12. After I submitted the LOI, I was never asked to increase Mill’s offer, nor was I*told that there were higher offers for LFC. Similarly, Mill was never contacted after it submitted*a revised bid on October 12, 2010 pursuant to which Mill offered to pay £10 million more than*the highest offer for LFC up to £385 million.

Sold for the price of the debt - Even Henry couldn’t believe it - said the stadium rebuild would cost $350 million back in 2010 alone!!.

“I don’t want to say this beyond this small group, but if we could acquire this (Liverpool Football Club) for the debt, I really feel like we would be stealing this franchise.”

Never forget and stop fawning over these fucking investor profiteers.

Back the manager - or do one.