Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Convo from a supporter's group (on a another platform)

And Taksin is a disgusting lying shill!

Just to keep the lying, Tory loving shitbag lying shill in check.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    And lastly - I haven’t asked for FSG to go, because I recognise the fact that we would likely draw in worse. I DO NOT want a gulf petrodollar owner any more than you do. No thanks, no way! Just want FSG to do the best they can to provide a platform for success NOT to create a perfectly sustainable club. Bournemouth, Brighton and Southampton will likely do that all across the south coast!

Well the cowboys were up o arms at the sale at the time I remember. Calling it robbery.

Back the manager - or do one.
    What are you on about? Can you not cope with a rational discussion about the financial strategy of the club? Don't answer that actually..

You are fixating on the sale price of the club.. no one else is discussing that. Prices are whatever someone is willing to pay at the time. Hindsight is not the way people agree on a price.

Just to keep the lying, Tory loving shitbag lying shill in check.
    you seem terribly concerned with your reputation for being correct. I'm not sure how solid that reputation is in all honesty but probably best not to get all emotional every time someone disagrees with you

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Well the cowboys were up o arms at the sale at the time I remember. Calling it robbery.

yes they were - it was delightful

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post

Well, it was a robbery to be fair. Not that we should have any love lost for the cowboys. But the club was sold for its debt.

Henry repeatedly stating how it was an unbelievable steal.

Nesv we clearly chosen by the banks. Better bids worth more and promising far more impressive visions from non US bidders ignored and blocked off. It was a forced sale to a bunch of opportunists.

Uk banks selling to yanks.

Court transcript excerpts from the ongoing legal battle of*MILL FINANCIAL, LLC vs. JR,;GILLETT, GEORGE N, which relates*to the sale of Liverpool Football Club to Fenway Sports Group*(formerly NESV) in 2010, show*that FSG’s John Henry wasn’t keen on the idea of buying the Reds but*he soon realised that*FSG*would be “stealing” the club if they could buy it so cheap.

In a number of emails exchanged by FSG’s top brass in 2010, snippets from Henry include: “I was not in favor of this deal prior to the meeting. I’m still not in favor. However, I am*interested now in trying to ascertain if this is indeed a major opportunity that would*indeed diversify and strengthen NESV.”
    In another email Henry states: “I don’t want to say this beyond this small group, but if we could acquire this (Liverpool Football Club) for the debt, I really feel like we would be stealing this franchise.”

Uk banks selling to yanks.
    Might as well have been a US bank. Half of the board of Barclays including the CEO at the time were yanks.