Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Other games 29/10

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Eriksen with a wicked delivery and Rashford headers home with ease. 1:0 to the filth
    Damn.

That will leave us 7 points off bloody 5th spot, never mind the Champion's League places.

What a mess these 12 League games have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Damn.

That will leave us 7 points off bloody 5th spot, never mind the Champion's League places.

What a mess these 12 League games have been.
    The season is a mess we arent pulling anything back I think 7th is best we can get.

People will point to Covid season but forget these have two years extra in their legs in that season we didnt play bad in most matches like this one.

This season is like last part of Rodgers spell whatever system/tactic just fails.

It feels like Arsenal are the new Liverpool, and we’re the new United
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    The season is a mess we arent pulling anything back I think 7th is best we can get.
    Possibly.

I do think we can do "better" after the World Cup. By that I don't mean being our brilliant best, but I do think we'll improve our points-per-game as we (should) have more lads available with some having had a substantial break.

Hopefully some early returns from the World Cup for some of our lads as well. It's selfish, but I from a purely Liverpool stand-point I don't want Uruguay (Núñez) or England (Henderson, maybe Trent) or Holland (Van Dijk) going deep into the tournament.

I do think we have probably lost too much ground on too many sides however. We'll likely enter the World Cup about 10 points off the Champion's League spots and a 4-game swing will be a lot to find in 24 League games, especially as we'll be needing MULTIPLE sides to falter.

Also think we'll need to win every "six-pointer" - don't see us beating Spurs AND Chelsea AND Man United AND Newcastle - may very well beat a couple, but not all of them.

Champion's League knockout campaign will be..... interesting.

I thought we'd be ok after WC but what i've seen is scary its mid table stuff and that is in 30,% of the season, this isnt a blip its a serious concern.

Sure we've gone behind in 8/12 league matches that is 66% of games for a so called top side.

I have always said we have no right to expect to win any games you have to earn it and we look finished to me as a top 2/3 side anyway.

I thought we'd be ok after WC but what i've seen is scary its mid table stuff and that is in 30,% of the season, this isnt a blip its a serious concern.

Sure we've gone behind in 8/12 league matches that is 66% of games for a so called top side.

I have always said we have no right to expect to win any games you have to earn it and we look finished to me as a top 2/3 side anyway.
    The only way to arrest this is by a big inlfux of top players. We won't get out of this predicament using current methods. One or two signings is not enough and we will fall further behind.
    This is upto FSG to have a major recruitment drive.
    The next two windows are massive for our future but I dont feel it will happen. I agree that we are finished but I've always said our success has a short term feel. FSG were not primed for long term succes. Sustainability yes but not success.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    It feels like Arsenal are the new Liverpool, and we’re the new United
    Arsenal might be top right now and they have a young, promising side - but we were Boss for 5-6 years there - they've a way to go yet, admirable as their start is.

Just to elaborate on this. With several sides performing well, you'd imagine that the sides at the higher end of the Table will be taking points off each other quite a bit this season.

So we'll estimate a 70-point mark as nicking 4th spot (perfectly aware it may not work out that way) for talk's sake.

To reach that we need 54 points. From the 78 (26 x 3) remaining points available.

Or, to put it another way, we can only lose 24 more points going forward - and that's based on the idea of 70 being enough, which it may not be.

Definitely a big, big, big ask - with 4 draws and 4 losses we have already missed out on 20 points.

Ouch.

Not a prayer of us getting 4th imho. We’ll do well to break 60 points this year on current trends. Matip and konate are badly badly missed. I honestly have no idea what I’d try next in midfield as we just get over ram no matter what but I think it’s more than that. The whole team is out of sync with each other. It’s depressing this season so far

I think Klopp has lost some belief. Which means - the team - have lost what was so integral to so much in our winning formula. Is the harmony there?

Hate to say it, but that is my hunch. Much as I have blamed the owners, and I DO think they have been extremely poor in backing Klopp, especially and most crucially at our zenith, I also feel like Klopp might be too exhausted to affect the players the way he did. It happens.

That isn't the only reason why we are in decline, but it could explain WHY it has been so pronounced this season. You can't tell me that even with the injuries we have had, the teams fielded v Forrest and Leeds were inferior to either side. If they really are then the squad is poor, which makes little sense after last season. If we watch that first half at Old Trafford.. We were invisible. That's a big game.. I know we tonked them 9:0 last season.. But that IS a game you have to be up for.. We were not and it worried me senseless.

19 made a good point about excuses. it is all we hear. Has to stop now and we HAVE to stand up!!

It's not easy to see what the core reason is, but looks like a few things culminating to create the second bust season out of 3!