Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get back to 433 and stop repeating the errors of 20-21

Get back to 433 and stop repeating the errors of 20-21

As the title states

This is 20-21, playing midfielders in defence and squad pegs in round holes all over again

We're not getting the best from several players, because Jurgen's repeating his mistakes of 20-21 when he equally panicked and made daft decisions and in complete honesty, made a right pigs ear of things. The difference this season is, there are 3 or 4 teams who are FAR better equipped to keep picking up points while Jurgen's doing this that will see us miss out on top four if it isn't already beyond us if he doesn't kick his own arse into gear sharpish

He messed it up playing Elliot at RCM, that caused severe issues with our already under par press and counter press and for Mo and Trent

Now he's changed to 442 or 4231 to accommodate Elliott, making Nunez, Mo and others square pegs in round holes

Just accept Elliott isn't a midfielder, use him as a sub to give Mo some rest in some games, play 433

Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Thiago

Salah Nunez Carvalho

That's probably our best 11 right now, that's better for all the players, playing positions they are used to supported by players they are used to in those positions - I'm not Fab's biggest fan and there are options to play midfield without him without having to include Elliott now players are coming back

Jurgen just needs to take stock, realise he's panicking again and throwing the baby out with the bath water again just as he did in 20-21 and calm down, be sensible, play players with a history of performing together who know each others games very well and try and build some momentum and confidence
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Jurgen has panicked ....brilliant.

More like he is being forced to chop and change EVERY single match.

Its no good making any plans for the team as we are likely to have 2/3 of them injured by next week.

My hope is we dont get into Europe next season to help us cope better.

I think the club got arrogant to some degree in thinking we were all good.

442/4411 gives him some adaptability with the squad at his disposal.

A return to a 3 man midfield, with this 1-2 up top has seen us lose to 2 of the poorer sides in the league.

The double pivot in midfield worked well, allows some rest, rotation and replacement.

Jurgen would play the 3 of Fabinho/Henderson and Thiago from the start. The problem is who do you replace them with when you make subs?? To me Keita is unlikely to play for us again. Theres more to his injury than meets the eye.
    Even if he does he won't play many minutes.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Klopp is being forced to play Fabinho and Henderson in different games. because of lack of numbers.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Klopp is being forced to play Fabinho and Henderson in different games. because of lack of numbers.
    Agreed.

It is clear he is worried about what happened 2 years ago.

Its easy for people to say just do this/that its not that simple plus we dont have the info that he does.

Only game we can do what we like is Southampton cos if they pick up a knock for a few weeks we not care too much.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Jurgen has panicked ....brilliant.

More like he is being forced to chop and change EVERY single match.

Its no good making any plans for the team as we are likely to have 2/3 of them injured by next week.

My hope is we dont get into Europe next season to help us cope better.

I think the club got arrogant to some degree in thinking we were all good.
    I think there's definitely an element of that ( your last sentence). It all gives credence to the thought that we have hung onto the mainstay players too long and its not too late to replace them. We've got 5 or 6 replacements required instead of just 2 or 3
    If we had been on top of things we wouldn't have fallen so far behind.

I don't think it will make any difference what formation we try, the legs have gone in midfield, I said on these pages before the season started that I was worried about our midfield as we didn't strengthen and a lot on here said the same. We have the best manager in the world, what he has done with limited resources is utterly amazing.

I don't like the American owners and never have as their net spend is shocking, they just recycle and it looks good then. The sooner they sell the club the better, at least the owners of UTD give their managers money to spend and if they had our owners their fans would not under any circumstances let that pass. We need them out as soon as possible.

All I'm hearing is excuses, I don't want excuses, I want results, and the best way to get results is to play our best players, in their best positions, with our other best players who support them and the team to play as well as they can in their best positions as frequently as possible
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I agree Nineteen but he isnt able to do this he has explained it a few times now.

I'd argue do we know our best team ?

Not on reps on form.

I think some need dropping as frankly last two games isnt acceptable.